Hotel Le Pelvoux(Les Menuires)
US$86
Residence Soleil Vacances Les Menuires(Les Menuires)(Great Value!)
US$73
Hillary Hotel(Les Menuires)
US$105
Hotel L'ours Blanc(Les Menuires)
Priceline
Hotel les Bruyeres(Les Menuires)
  • Restaurant
  • Pool
Chalet-Hotel Isatis(Les Menuires)
  • Restaurant
TripAdvisor
All reviewsski rental shopthe general managerbreakfast buffetcouldn tspa facilitieslobby areacrepesperfect locationval thorensski roomdirect accesscomfortable roomsreception staffla fermeski triphalf boardski school
Reviewed 18 August 2015 via mobile

PROS:
Excellent bathroom, with huge bath tub and shower.
Strong power in water.
Very spacious room.

CONS:
On suite children room has no method of aeration.
Swimming pool of hotel can be used by outsiders.
Dark and anti social lobby area.
No activities at all around the hotel.

Stayed: August 2015, traveled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2015 via mobile

It was our first visit to the resort and my first experience of a ski resort. We we're very impressed with the size of the room we had and the cleanliness of the hotel in general..the restaurant in the hotel does try a little too hard though. All the staff were very friendly and would stay here again

Stayed: April 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 April 2015

We stayed at the Kaya Chalet Hotel for a week in March with some good friends. We selected the half board package. Our room was reasonably sized with an attached sitting room and a small balcony.
We had plenty of room for our ski equipment and ourselves.
The restaurant was fabulous. There was a beautiful buffet breakfast every morning and a three course dinner in the evening. Every meal was a work of Art.
The service at the hotel was excellent in every way. The amenities at the hotel were very good, the pool, steam room , sauna and spa were all well kept, clean and very accessible.
I highly recommend this beautiful resort.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled on business
1  Thank bgeorgius
Reviewed 23 March 2015

I must say that I was a bit anxious about staying at the Kaya, for I have read conflicting reviews on Tripadvisor. Some people where really into it, criticizing the hotel, the food, the management, and even the weather! All the more so that I talked our quite picky American friends to join us. We speak perfect French, but they don’t, and misunderstanding can always cause trouble…
From the start on, the stay was a collection of good surprises. The arrival was just flawless, and I appreciated particularly the exhaustive tour of the facility that was given to us by the reception desk. We arrived quite late, after the kitchen closed between lunch and dinner, but the maître D’ was kind enough to have them prepare some soup and salad and cheese and.. basically whatever we would have liked. Not surprising for a big box **** around an airport maybe, but quite nice from a boutique hotel, especially off-season, when the staff is reduced.
The ski passes where waiting for us, as well as the ski rentals. The ski pro shop located in the hotel premises is a great amenity, and they don’t even take advantage of it to bump their prices!
The spa and fitness center are incredibly well appointed. Prices, again, are quite reasonable for the massage, and the swimming pool is just hot as needed (28 C).
The rooms are incredibly spacious, and decorated in modern alpine style, mixing warm colors, contemporary furniture and traditional wood in a smoothing way.
The breakfast is not only perfect for skiers, hearty, rich and calory filling, but it also brings many local produces to the table, ham, saucisson (sorry, I can’t find any translation for Saucisson: either you know what it is, or you will need to get some by yourself. And please no one tells me it’s Salami!!!) and cheeses. I mean real Savoie cheese, not cheddar-like rubbish! Of course, the croissant and pains au chocolats or even brioche are outstandingly fresh. I found it difficult not to spend the whole morning in the dining room…
We had a couple of lunches on the terrace, when weather allowed. They offer nice and cosy blankets.
Then, after ski, the ritual can begin: snacks and tea at the bar (amazing chery crumble and myrtle tart!), followed by a muscle-soothing sauna and a swimm.
Back to the bar for breakfast, where you can get the cocktail of the day for a bargain (8EUR only!) and I can testify that those guys at the bar knows how to prepare cocktails!
The wine list is quite exhaustive, gathering high-end bottles (above 1500 EUR) and reasonable-prices specimens (Bordeaux and Bourgogne around 55 EUR).
Now the food. As a food addict, l was taken aback by many negative reviews, which are, obviously, incorrect. We hate there most evenings, and it has always been perfectly served, prepared with class and good taste, and never boring. I cannot recall any disappointing dish. A special mention to the three different Tartare recipes, and to the outstanding desserts.
As a conclusion, I come to be doubtful of the most negative reviews I have read. Of course, catastrophe always can happen, but I have found a very helpful staff, competent team and tidy premises. Even my picky American friends loved it! every it of it!
So much that we have already booked our stay for March 2016!

Room Tip: corner rooms are a bit bigger.the higher level the better for the mountain view.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled with friends
3  Thank Thierry S
Stephanie G, Directeur général at Kaya Chalet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2015

Dear Guests,

I have read with great attention your post on TripAdvisor.
The staff and I have been very pleased and touched by your elogious yet detailed comments on each point of your stay. Your satisfaction is our greatest reward !
It has been a real pleasure welcoming you at the Chalet Hôtel Kaya and we will be delighted to have you back next March.
Looking forward to welcoming you,

Kind Regards,
Stéphanie Giard - Hotel Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2015

We had a terrible incident in the hotel, in short, my wife and I were insulted by a taxi driver sent to us by the hotel, and hotel management just watched it, did nothing to protect us. The guy tried to charge an extra EUR50 in addition to the agreed price, and he got nasty when we objected to pay the extra.
General manager of the hotel was there, but she did nothing even when the driver shouted, cursed and literally spat on us. Note that, this is not an ordinary taxi, it has a sort of relation with the hotel as hotel reception had even the price list of the taxi company. After the event, taxi company apologised and paid EUR50 back, however, hotel manager totally ignored us and we did not receive any apology from her or her collaques.
There are many nice hotels in the region, no need to take the risk of spoiling your vacation!

Stayed: February 2015, traveled with family
3  Thank trzaks
Stephanie G, Directeur général at Kaya Chalet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

Dear Sir,

I have read carefully your comment on Tripadvisor and would like to bring some details to your story:
When I arrived on the parking lot to help you, the taxi driver was certainly irritated that you refused to pay the fare, but I didn’t hear him curse or saw him spit on you. You told me that he had been rude to your wife while in the car, and I immediately asked him to stay polite and calm.

Once he left, I personally contacted the Manager of the taxi company, told him that we will not accept working with this driver in the future and I asked him for a refund of 50€. He did not apologize to you, I did. I also arranged for a taxi to drive you to the bus station early in the morning on your departure day for free. I apologized on the very same night of the incident, tried to contact you the following day, left a note in your room but you refused to talk to me.

I understand your anger towards the taxi driver and once again, I’m very sorry that you had to experience this. But I cannot and will not accept your insulting comment as the hotel staff and I did nothing else but try to help you.

Best Regards,