Hotel Le Cocoon(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Pool
Hotel Les Balcons Village(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Breakfast included
Village Igloo Blacksheep(Macot-la-Plagne)
  • Restaurant
All reviewssoupattic roomdrag lifthalf boardno safe in the roomplagne soleilbuffet startersmall thingsla plagnebutton liftski lockersvelux windowpacked breakfastvaried and plentifulplagne centreswimming poolmain meal
Reviewed 27 March 2017

We have just stayed at this hotel for 4 days and we have had an wonderful time. From the moment we walked through the door the attention and friendliness of the staff was extremely good. Luca greeted us warmly at the desk with lots of useful information and was very welcoming after a long trip from England.
Our room was very pleasant , with wonderful views and all essentials provided. Lovely to have a bath as so good to have a soak after skiing all day. We took our own small kettle as we like to have early tea in the morning and this seemed to be the only thing missing.
Food was delicious. Lots of choice at breakfast, , and dinners were of quality, we especially enjoyed the sea bass and great cheeses. Also lots of lovely fruit available.
The staff seemed a very happy hard working team. They were lead by Delphine who seemed to work every day and was always there to greet us with a smile and make sure our stay at the hotel was good. How refreshing it was to have such a great stay at this lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Large rooms seem to be family rooms
  • Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amandajanenurse
delphinelevancouver, Directeur général at Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2017

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Nurse,

I hope you get back well to England after your vacation with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your romantic stay and you choosed us for this 'special occasion' of your wedding anniversary. All the team really appreciated to have you and were so pleased to pamper you and Mr. Nurse. We all hope to welcome you again next year !

Reviewed 7 March 2017

Great ski in ski out Hotel. Out of the back door and you are on the piste for a short ski down to the chairlift. The restaurant was very good, a good selection of food at the breakfast buffet and the evening meal was something to look forward to. The staff were lovely, very helpful and very friendly. The only downside was our room, it was in the attic it did not have a balcony, the only window was a skylight window in the ceiling. When it snowed we could not open the window so room got a little stuffy. That said, it was quite roomy and very clean, the beds were very comfortable. The ski locker room was good, plenty of room for skis etc in your own cupboard which is quite large, only downside was the seating was not adequate, so a bit of a pain if there were a few people in the room at the same time. I would certainly go back to this Hotel but not if the only available room was in the attic.

Room Tip: I am sure that had I had any room other than the attic room I would have given a 5 for the room.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
delphinelevancouver, Directeur général at Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2017

Dear russellprice46,

I would like to thank you for your feedback upon your stay with us. Regarding the bench you described, you right and we plan to add another one to fulfill the number of guests using it at the pick hours. For the type of room (mansard) you have been stay in, they are among of our most attractiver in term of prices, indeed because there is no balcony. I Hope to see you next year and recommand you to book directly through out our reservation department which knows perfectly our hotel and will advise you properly according to your expectations. Thanks again to share your constructive comments with us.

Reviewed 21 February 2017

We stayed here last week and given that the February half term is always incredibly busy if not the busiest week of the season in La Plagne, (not only the UK half term holidays but also that of half of France and the Netherlands!) the staff of the Vancouver did a fantastic job in keeping everything well oiled when the hotel was at full capacity.

The food was wonderful, certainly the highlight was the Valentine's Day menu of Lobster Bisque, fillet steak Rossini and a delicious chocolate mousse. The variety on offer at each meal and choice was absolutely superb.

Our room was a family room which was spacious, comfortable, quiet and had a large balcony overlooking the Beaufort range of mountains. Glorious.

The spa was lovely and in spite of the amount of guests, never felt overcrowded.

Staff worked incredibly hard to accommodate all guests requests and wishes in a timely and charming and genuinely friendly way. In fact, the extremely pleasant interaction with the staff on a daily basis and the kindness with which we and our children were treated was one of the main reasons that our holiday was so pleasant.

Again, given that this is always the craziest week in La Plagne's season, Le Vancouver managed superbly well to give us a calm, peaceful, well-appointed, luxurious ski holiday. Thank you to all of the staff who worked so hard to make it so.

Room Tip: 2nd floor balcony family rooms face the views but don't get much sun during the day
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled with family
delphinelevancouver, Directeur général at Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2017

Dear boggy22,

I would like to thank you for your very kind comments about your stay with us, I am sure all my team will appreciate it as we are working hard but always in a good spirit for our guests having a wonderful holiday with us. Interaction with our guests (not only child) is also very important as it is the best way to anticipate their needs or fulfill their expectations that they perhaps would not have been expressed. Thanks again for your nice feed-back, hoping welcoming your family again next year.

Reviewed 19 February 2017

As a quick summary, this is a 3-4 star hotel that I'd highly recommend especially for ski-ing.

Some context first: We visited Hotel Vancouver in Feb 2017 as part of a skiing holiday booked via CrystalSki in the UK. I am a frequent business traveller and very picky and choosy about hotels. This is our 6th time in La Plagne out of 40 ski trips over the past 30 years. We travelled as a family of four, in two rooms, with two teenagers and had a half board option (breakfast and evening meal)

The hotel is billed as 3 star, and I'd probably rate it much higher. It's situated in Plagne Soleil, right on the slopes. There is ski in / ski out from the locker rooms downstairs directly onto a blue piste and thence to the Bergerie lift. I've seen other reviews saying this slope was steep but I would think that anyone with a week or so skiing experience would be fine. Alternatively, you could walk about 3 mins from the front of the hotel to get to another piste. Ski hire shop next door, and the hotel offers discounted rates including half price for 14-17 year olds which saved us a chunk of cash.

Rooms are of a very high standard. We had a twin and a double both ensuite. The hotel is one wing of a larger building containing some apartments. Rooms were clean, tidy, fairly new, good condition and felt nice to come home to after a day on the slopes. As far as I could tell, all of the rooms had balconies. Our room faced a courtyard. Rooms on the other side of the wing had a much better view over the valley. Each room has a ski locker in the basement. Note that there are no boot heaters in the lockers (an opportunity for improvement maybe?)

The hotel also has a sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and 10m pool. Unfortunately they were full of kids while we we there and seem to be shared with the holiday apartments in the same building.

Clientele in the hotel were mixed, so it wasn't all tour operators or people on package holidays. However this meant there wasn't much of an atmosphere and the hotel bar was empty most nights. Note for Crystal customers - there weren't many others here when we visited, so it wasn't a great place to mix and mingle with other families if that's what you're looking for.

We were on half board, and the food was amazing. Breakfast buffet was consistently broad with lots of choice. Dinner had a varied menu. We had two vegetarians in our party and there was choice enough for all. Very high quality food presentation every night, definitely restaurant quality. The desserts were also fairly amazing and changed every night. Absolutely no complaints, although I smiled wryly when I saw the toaster that was the ire of another review here. (I must say we never saw it being used, never mind a line of people waiting for it - there's just so much choice). Cereals, fresh fruit salad, yoghurt, cheese, meats, pancakes, eggs, breads, pastries, croissants etc etc. Dinner was varied - the meat dishes included steak, veal, duck. Fish dishes included sea bream, hake, cod, coley, fish stew, Vegetarian food was mainly risotto or pasta. Everything seemed cooked fresh.

Overall, the hotel was great and I'd highly recommend it. Staff were very friendly. Location is ok if you are skiing but the bar is quiet and there's not much nightlife nearby and most of the bars were deserted after 9pm. There not really much to Plagne Soleil other than apartments. Plagne Centre is a short bus ride away on the No 2 bus, or there is a bucket lift across the piste from Plagne Village (note that this closes at 8:30pm)

If you are choosing a room, here's a few tips: We were on the first floor above the restaurant and the noise of scraping chairs and tables resonated through the building structure disturbing us a little up to 11pm at night and on one morning from 6am as the staff moved things around to clean. I talked to the hotel Manager (hello Delphine) about this and the hotel are trialling some foam pads on the bottom of chairs and tables. This is a small thing, not a complaint - more of an opportunity for improvement/

Anyway - avoid the first floor (rooms beginning with a 1xx) if you can. A view over the valley would be nice too, so I think rooms x00 to x04 look north west over the valley, and x05 to x08 look south west over to Plagne Village while x09 to x12 look south east over the courtyard.

Anyway - this is a great place, we enjoyed it, and you will to. If you are considering this hotel, then wonder no more!

Room Tip: Avoid first floor if you go to bed before 11pm due to noise from restaurant below.
2  Thank Graeme S
delphinelevancouver, Directeur général at Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2017

Dear Graeme S,

I am so glad you appreciated your holidays with us. I am grateful also you rate our hotel as 4 stars instead of 3 (such as lot of our clients do) as we try constantly to improve the quality of service, food & beverages we propose winter season after winter season. Indeed, such comment coming from frequent business traveler who are ‘very picky and choosy about hotels’ confirms us we are on the right track. I hope having the pleasure to welcome you next year and count you as a new loyal customer.

Reviewed 20 January 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to la plagne and decided to choose the Vancouver as we like plagne soleil more than other areas in the resort.
Our transfer time meant that we arrived late - around 10.30pm.
We were checked in quickly and efficiently. The room was clean and large enough for all our snowboarding gear.
The bar was big with a good choice of beers.
We were on the half board option. Breakfast was ok. Lacking in hot choices and the bread had often ran out or was still frozen.
Dinner was a selection of starters and desserts, but only 2 choices for mains, which albeit were mostly delicious. I ended up with the fish option most evenings as I don't eat duck or veal, and they seemed to be on the menu 3 or 4 times. I did enjoy everything I had, I just feel more options maybe 3 or 4 would still be do-able for these talented chefs.
Our transfer didn't show up on time and the 2 girls on reception were brilliant in trying to help us sort it out.
Outstanding member of staff - Gabriella. Nothing was too much trouble she worked really hard and made all the guests comfortable and relaxed with her ultra polite attitude.
We loved the individual lockers for your ski gear. But could do with a couple more benches down there to get ready on and boot warmers, as they were still wet the next morning so had to take them to the room each day to dry them!
All in all a good hotel.
We will be staying again.

Stayed: January 2017, traveled as a couple
delphinelevancouver, Directeur général at Hotel Le Vancouver - LVH Vacances, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

Dear Nikki S,

I thank you very much for all your very kind comments about our hotel, especially regarding Gabriella, who I agree with you, is very professional and a very kind person too. On the other hand, I am going to make sure the bread will not run out and be corrected baked. I am surprised you did not have the possibility to taste at breakfast the scrambled eggs, sausages selection, boiled eggs and pancakes which are displayed every morning on the buffet. We propose also to make omelet, sunny side up eggs on request as most our guests like American breakfast. As a hotel, which has a willingness to take a good care of its vegan clients, we propose different kind of meat or fish on the main courses every evening. I am currently working with our Chef on a la Carte menu, beside the half board menu, to offer soon a wider choice of courses to your guests.
Once again, I thank you very much for your feedback and hope to see you again next year.