“Nice!”
Review of L'amico

L'amico
Ranked #5 of 22 Restaurants in Anavyssos
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice place, large plates, u can have coffee, beer or cocktail. Yet, they should take care of the cleaining of the wider area.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (105)

Reviewed 14 September 2020 via mobile

Great place, romantic atmosphere restaurant, nice view. Well prepared meals, willing to help personnel.!!!

Date of visit: August 2020
3  Thank apapafloratos
Reviewed 11 July 2020 via mobile

The food is arguably some of the best you will eat in the area. Attention to detail, beautifully decorated space, tastes that are out of this world, coupled with presentation and some unique ingredient combinations certainly my wins one over. We went for a pasta based dinner (3x dishes) with a light salad, and all were delicious taste wise. Also the staff is very friendly and very polite. There were however some small downsides:

- the staff got my order wrong (I ordered a linguine dish and a spaghetti dish arrived instead). I was asked if I was happy with the spaghetti (which I wasn’t) so the staff were happy to take it back (no questions asked). Even though they managed to bring the right dish relatively quickly, it still meant that my company would have to start with their orders or their food would get cold until mine would arrive. Dining with friends is a social thing, and for me it matters that we are all able to start at the same time, instead of one watching the rest eat while they wait for their food.
- we were not asked if we have a preference on how we prefer our pasta cooked (Al Dente, or well cooked, for example). I would have liked mine slightly more cooked, otherwise it’s very difficult for me to digest it, for example.
- we were not asked whether we’d like our salad served as a starter, or whether we like to have all dishes come up at the same time. For me salad goes with the food and is not a starter plate. The salad here came first (well, technically speaking bread and dips came first along with drinks) and the main dishes followed once the salad was consumed entirely. I would have preferred to have the entirety of the food on the table at the same time.

Even though it was a Friday night, the place was not busy at all (because: covid, I imagine?), so I don’t know how the staff fare under pressure and large order volume (other reviews can be telling). In fairness above details aside, the food is delicious and comes at decent portions, so I do recommend you give it a try.

Of note is the business’ effort to move from physical menus to online menus which one can access if you have a modern cellphone to scan a bar code from. While this approach helps reduce the spread of covid I guess, it also means that you are forced to bring your phone out on the dining table (which in its own right encourages use of a phone over the table than socializing/interacting with your peers).

I should mention that nowhere on the menu was the name of the of the allocated food health & safety inspector mentioned. Also no information regarding the origin of most of the ingredients, like whether the shrimp was fresh or frozen, or where the cherry tomatoes are sourced from. This means that unless you explicitly ask you have no idea where the food you are served from comes, and you be eating frozen seafood. The above (name of food health inspector and place of origin for ingredients) has been standard information on menus in Greece, by law. Even if the law may no longer make it a requirement I would consider it good practice to inform your customers what is served on their plate and where is comes from, instead of forcing one to have to ask for this kind of information.

My review may read harsh or nitpicking (I will say it again: the food itself here was great), but a posh looking restaurant certainly raises the bar of expectations.

Date of visit: July 2020
2  Thank 945kt
Reviewed 21 July 2019 via mobile

30 minutes to give order, 1 hour to receive first plate, 30 minutes to get requested invoice. Place overcrowded compared to number of employees.

Date of visit: July 2019
ElenaSerg, Social Media Manager at L'amico, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2019

Dear Geo_Age,

Thank you for taking the time taken to share your review on TripAdvisor! I regret to hear that your visit did not meet your expectations.

I have taken note on your valuable feedback on the areas that we can improve and please rest assured that we will continuously work to match and exceed our guests' expectations.

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you again on another occasion and to offer you a pleasant experience.

Reviewed 17 July 2019

I've been here a few times, the food is wonderful, we ate a tomahawk, a huge joint of meat, beautifully cooked. The staff are friendly and helpful and ready to being you anything. one of the strong points of this restaurant is that its on the beach, making it an ideal all day restaurant. I will be there again...

Date of visit: June 2019