Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$299
eDreamsUS$299
TripadvisorUS$299
FindHotel
TravelocityUS$299
Trip.comUS$319
All reviews minute maid park front desk convention center valet parking discovery green great customer service toyota center the entire staff astros baseball lobby atrium gm rita conference starbucks
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 September 2021 via mobile

Great service starting with car parking valet, check-in , and then leaving next morning with car parking valet by Rafael. Great recommendation for dinner at Vic & Anthony’s also…. Would be great place to stay for baseball game when next in town…. Bob

Trip type: Traveled on business
Brian Sciberras, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2021

Thank you for review. Glad to read that your experience was pleasant. And our location which us steps away from to Vic and Anthony's steak house and Minute Maid Park was helpful as well. Appreciate your business and look forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

I think all of the staff are incredibly friendly and helpful during my stay at Westin.
My family and I stayed at the hotel due to evacuation from a hurricane and were greeted by very helpful and personable staff (maintenance, front desk, bellhops, valet staff, coffee bar) specifically, Mr.Rafael at the entrance of the hotel. He and everyone else were so nice and I hope to see all of the staff again when I visit Houston.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Appreciate you taking the time to leave a review on TripAdvisor about your experience. I was thrilled to read that you experience the genuine hospitality of our team members. I will be sure to share and celebrate you comments with them. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

Everyone is so nice and very professional! I’m a Marriott employee here for a stay-cation and this hotel exceeded my expectations! We checked out the ballpark grill inside the hotel and it was delicious! Rafael is so polite and used my name, most hotels don’t do that! It was a wonderful change of pace! I will definitely stay here again!

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking a moment and leaving a review about your experience. I will be sure to share your comments about the staff with the team. Glad you enjoyed your stay-cation.... Be well.

Reviewed 11 September 2021 via mobile

Hotel is in good location. Lots to walk to a and perfect for baseball game. Only negative was my key de activated every day I was there (6days).

Valet was the best part of the stay. Rafael and team took great care of me.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Brian Sciberras, General Manager at The Westin Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2021

Thank you for your business. Great to see that the location of the hotel to Minute Maid Park was convenient. I do apologize for the challenges you experienced though. I will be sure to look at the door lock on your room and key equipment to ensure everything is in working order. Look forward to hosting you again the next time you visit Houston.

Reviewed 11 September 2021

Recently stayed here for a night to attend two Astros games (night game and day game). The hotel is like a 2-3 minute walk from stadium entrance, which is fantastic.

I don't think I'd stay here again though. Here's why. I paid almost $300 for a special package rate on their website for a jr. suite with a 6pm checkout and including a $10 F&B credit. It's called the "work anywhere" rate or something like that.

When I checked in, I asked the front desk lady to confirm my 6 p.m. checkout and she had no idea what I was talking about even after I explained that I booked a rate with a 6 p.m. checkout. She had never heard of that rate/benefit and wanted me to find a booking email that proved that. She did say my booking reflected a late checkout but not a 6 p.m. checkout.

We eventually resolved this and she and her co worker found that yes, I was entitled to a 6pm checkout and $10 F&B credit under the rate I booked. I asked her to program they keys so they would work until 6 pm the next day. She said this wasn't possible, I'd have to come back the next day after noontime and ask for the keys to be re-programmed. That was only a minor annoyance, as fortunately there was no line at the front desk the next day when I had to stop by to re-program the keys.

The room itself was well appointed, large, great shower and towels, etc. BUT it had virtually no natural light because it was a 3rd floor room with the windows overlooking the interior of the hotel atrium. The only natural light was from the atrium skylight ten floors above the room. For almost $300, I generally expect a room to have a window to the outside world and not be located over a slightly noisy lobby bar.

I bought $12 of items at the lobby coffee shop. When I checked out, I was handed a receipt charging me for those items with no $10 F&B discount. Despite having confirmed the benefits at check in, I had to "remind" the check out guy to give me the $10 F&B discount. I would suggest they stop offering the "work anywhere" package if their system is not capable of automatically applying the benefits without the guest having to argue/beg for those benefits at the front desk.

Room tip: Ask for an exterior room with natural light, some rooms only have windows to the interior atrium
Date of stay: September 2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience. Your feedback not only helps us get better but helps identify areas of opportunity to coach our team. We are addressing the package you booked and ensure we are executing on the items. If you have a moment to contact me to discuss further I would like to get a chance to personally apologize for the challenges you encountered. My phone number is 713-315-8301.