See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

My husband chose to stay here for a business trip being that his business meeting was close. I know you get what you pay for, but come on! Is it expensive to at least be kind? The people at the front desk seemed as though they had much better things to do than deal with customers. I must say one of the cleaning ladies was nice. Breakfast though consisted of some lady starting at us as though we had broken some rule so I uncomfortably scurried my food down. I'd rate the over all cleanliness of the room low. The toilet was so loud when it flushed it couldn't be done if anyone was asleep. A big stain was on the mattress. No privacy sign was given to us as an option. They offer complimentary cookies (I felt like I would have deserved them) but never to my knowledge were they actually made (and we were there a number of days) These people could care less about your stay there. Never again.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank gregebarbslilwife
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

This is a terrible hotel to stay at. I killed a spider in my bed yesterday night and as creeper out as I was I still have them the benefit of the doubt. Tonight while in bed. I killed a second spider and called room service right away only to get the exact same room across from me with no upgrade or compensation or even an apology. This place is disgusting. I am checking out first thing tomorrow.

The shower barely works. It goes from hot to cold to hot in a span of 5 minutes so you have to keep adjusting it.

The rooms are barely cleaned and this is my third night here and I've been working away from here so I know when someone comes knocking and two out of three times I had to walk out into the hallway and ask them personally to clean the room.

All in all, save your money. Go elsewhere. It's atrocious.

Date of stay: August 2014
1  Thank MalihaRaza
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This was the worst stay we've had at a Comfort Inn.

We arrived early evening on Thursday, 7/24, and the room initially looked OK. We traveled to Houston for a family reunion, so we were only in the room nights and early mornings during our stay. I noticed that first evening that our door required a push to close it in order to set the deadbolt. Although the door's spring closes the door, it doesn't latch unless the door is purposely pushed closed. The spring hinge is supposed to close the door automatically, but it didn't work correctly on our door. I also noticed that there is about a 1/2" gap between the door and the door frame towards the bottom of the door. Gap was on the side of the door, not under the door. You could see light, the hallway carpet, etc. from inside room with the door closed and latched. The reason there was a gap was because the door was not properly fit into the frame. The gap slanted fairly uniformly from nearly closed at the top to ~1/2" opening at the bottom.

We left our room Friday AM. When we returned that evening, the room's door, while appearing closed, was not really latched. The door was open about 1/2 inch, and all it took to gain entry was pushing on the door. No key was needed.

I immediately called the front desk to report that our room was left open all day. I also reported the gap between the door and door frame as noted above. Fortunately, we seemed to still have all of our possessions. I was quite upset and demanded that room service be told about the room being left open - and not having the problem recur. I also mentioned the gap, and the desk cleak said she'd have the door replaced the next day.

In addition to finding the door open, we noticed that the coffee supply was not replenished, there was no shampoo/soap left in the bathroom, and that there was only one waste can in the room (located in the bathroom). Having only one waste can in a suite means guests have to discard garbage from the coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator, desk, etc. in the bathroom. The room is a suite, so there is a sink in the main room as well as in the bath. I expect a second can near the desk for garbage so I don't have to walk to the bathroom each time I discard something.

I did a little more checking and noticed that there was a light bulb missing from the lamp located on one of the end tables next to the bed. I contacted the front desk to report all of these problems. The desk clerk brought coffee packets for our morning coffee and said she'd make sure housekeeping was aware of our problems.

The next evening (Saturday) we return to the room to again find the door unlatched. Additionally, the empty tissue box in the bath was not replaced. We also noticed that the bedspread had a burn area that looked like someone had put an iron on the bedspread. We hadn't noticed the burn the first night, so I assume the spread was changed along with the sheets, and the burned spread replaced the original.

I called the desk clerk again reporting all of the problems. I was quite mad because, after previously complaining about the door being unlatched, I expected it would be closed properly. My expectations were too high!

At least when we came back to the room on Sunday the door was latched. But the tissue box was still empty, and the light bulb was still missing. I guess one can't expect too much!

Finally, I never complained, but the shower curtain rod in the bath had been stressed so it bent down in the middle. This caused the curtain to slide open while you showered thus getting water all over the floor. I noticed this the first evening and tried to keep the curtain as closed as possible. It did easily open so got some water every shower. Water on the floor can be expected until someone notices the bent rod and fixes the problem.

Bottom line: our possessions were not protected, and the room was not properly serviced during our stay. I rate this stay something below 1 star and do not recommend the Comfort Inn Southwest to anyone.

Room tip: Try another hotel. This one's not worth the risk.
Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Jim C
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The ground floor ice machine was inoperative, both phones in the room were dead and the water for shower and shaving was luke warm at best.

Breakfast was okay but barely so.

Nice staff but too many things lacking.

Date of stay: July 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank wgn
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms were never cleaned by room service. Roaches roam free and the toilets were backed up. We were moved to 3 different rooms all worst than before. Staying at the Comfort Inn off of 11230 Southwest Freeway Houston, TX is the worst hotel experience I've ever had in my life.

Date of stay: June 2014