“Best BBQ ever”

Add it.
Pappas BBQ
Ranked #2,136 of 8,629 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The place is simple but very clean and the bbq is amazing. Best BBQ brisket I have ever had needless to say the food was very tasty and falling off the bone type. We only stopped for dinner but was well worth it!!

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Typical Pappa’s with no frills open seating good for family style eating. Extensive bbq offerings where you order cafeteria style. Maybe a little too informal as it feels more like a picnic and you serve once you get your food. Great bbq! A lot of variety and all I sampled was outstanding in flavor and tenderness. Visited middle of the week for an early supper, there was a long line at the drive thru picking up family portions, another good option for take home.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Never have a problem at other locations. This was my first visit here. I was dining with a friend. There was a gentleman in front of us who ordered chicken but no one called it to his attention that they placed on the counter after he passed. I had to tell him. They don’t give you numbers or anything if your order isn’t ready. You have to houver around and see if they’ve prepared it. Not good practice if you already have a line of people. My friend ordered a turkey baked potato with no cheese or sour cream as she’s allergic to dairy. I saw there was cheese in it and they attempted to scrape off until someone told them to remake it. When they finally made it right the 4th time, my friend wondered if the manager was mad at her by her expression. Not sure I’ll visit here again. The construction around here is a pain too as it’s easy to miss the entrance to the front of the restaurant.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

Not a whole lot to be said the sides of good the meat is good simply season you can tell it's slowly smoke always tender always fresh. Portion size a great... Fairly priced commercial BBQ.

Reviewed 2 January 2017

One experience so maybe faulted--but anyone saying fall off the bone is seriously in error very very tough meat beef ribs--mine at home turn out much better and I would never do more than 4 hours max---sauce though subjective to personal taste was one of the worse I have ever tasted. Service at counter was OK but a group of 7-8 Mexican looking men blocked entrance to dining room from counter and I has to raise my voice saying "excuse me" drawing attention from a group of police officers eating there. (hope it was free for them).

When I could through hands and teeth remove meat from my $20 for 4 beef ribs from the bone, I went to counter and asked for a sharp knife told I only could use the butter knife's which were on the counter---basically a bad experience--would never return again.