“Do it! Do it! Do it!”
Review of Blvd. Seafood

Blvd. Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Blvd. Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I just had one of my best seafood meals ever!! And I’ve eaten a lot of seafood. Boulevard, from the outside, is unprepossessing. The interior is nice, clean, laid back. It has a full bar. It also has a wonderful menu and at least one outstanding, knowledgeable waiter (ours—Joe’l Nance), although everybody else looked pretty happy. Our table loved the gumbo. I had the seafood chowder and it was loaded with everything. Two of us had the pecan crusted grouper, and oh my lord, it was incredible. Perfect texture, mild buttery flavor, and perfectly sized sides. I wish I could tell you about the desserts but there was simply no room (even though the phrase ‘his mother’s recipe’ was used). Next time!! Chef Chris Lopez, you are a wonder. Joe’l, you really helped make the evening. Can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We had lunch at BLVD and were all pleased. Not only was there fresh gulf seafood available but their drinks were reasonably priced ($7 for a moscow mule). The outside doesn't look like much but the food was fabulous!

Reviewed January 3, 2018

We really loved the food here that we returned a second time last night on this visit to Galveston. First time I had the Shrimp & Grits and this time I had the bowl of Gumbo. They are both awesome. The Gumbo is loaded with crab, shrimp, andouille sausage and I believe chicken. It is a large bowl and I really enjoyed it. I didn't drink but they did make me a great bloody mary the last time I was there. It was so cold last night it was snowing in Galveston so it was perfect weather for the Gumbo. My husband had the shrimp and grits because I raved about it last time. His first time he had the fish special and said it was really done well. I recommend this location for seafood in Galveston with a great view of the water.

Reviewed January 1, 2018 via mobile

This is a happening little spot along the sea wall with excellent service and food! The seafood was fresh-you get what you pay for. Try the Mac-n-cheese, homemade baked goodness! Don’t skip the bread pudding-enough to split and so good! Our waitress Jeanette (spelling?) was a sweet local that offered great recommendations during our stay. Glad we stopped!

Reviewed December 31, 2017

The exterior looks like it might have been a Denny's in another life, but don't be fooled. The interior is tastefully decorated. The food? Wonderful! The service? Great. Value? Good, especially for the quality of the food.

We went for lunch and wanted some fresh seafood without mortgaging the home. The prices here were very reasonable. I had the fish tacos ($11.00), which were redfish, grilled to perfection and seasoned lightly. My husband had the Crabby Crab Cake Sliders (2 for $10.00). They come with fries. We also shared Shrimp DeJonge ($16.00), an appetizer. The shrimp was wonderful, and the dish was gluten free. It is seasoned with Dijon mustard, bread crumbs, white wine, and garlic butter. Actually, it is rich enough to be a meal for 1 person.

Give the locals a try, rather than opting for the "chain" restaurants. This one did not disappoint.