“Superb food in a modest location - by the seawall”
Review of Blvd. Seafood

Blvd. Seafood
Reserve with OpenTable
Blvd. Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 318 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The restaurant has been open for two years. A hotel receptionist recommended the place when we explained we were searching for some light seafood and that we were tired of our usual restaurants when visiting Galveston.

The recommendation and service was excellent. We explained we were interested in a light meal. The waiter suggested of crab cakes for me and my wife had some stuffed shrimp. We both had a great perfectly seasoned tossed salad with goat cheese. I like to pride myself on evaluating seafood restaurants on their crab cakes. The BLVD ranks #2 and came close to my favorite, Houston's on Kirby Rd. in Houston. We will certainly eat here when visiting Galveston again. We were so impressed we left a really good tip - something I rarely do but this was justified.

The owner stopped by and made sure we were totally satisfied. I recommended the restaurant to my daughter, who lived on Galveston Island until Hurricane Ike.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The food, service and atmosphere were all wonderful. Our server went out of her way to make sure that we had a great experience for my birthday dinner. We would definitely recommend and return.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The food was really good, no question. The other side is, that the portions were rather small. The price is really high. For example my food was a snaper with beans and rice and bacon costed 40 dolars. In my opinion the ambiente in this restaurant is not exclusive enough for this price. The service was goid, the waiter was fast and polite and could provide us good information about the food. The room temperature was a little bit to cold in my opinion. rating: 4 out of 5

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great experience on our first evening in Galveston. Great service, great setting and great food. We made reservations a few nights in advance and were able to be seated immediately. The food had a great presentation. I had the broiled red-fish, my wife had the filet mignon. While this is a local restaurant and specializing in seafood, the filet did not disappoint. We had the bread pudding for dessert. It was THE best we ever had the pleasure of. As a matter of fact, we dined at a different restaurant a few nights later, and came back to Blvd. for it a 2nd time. Thanks for exceeding our expectations!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Situated along the Bay and near the Seawall and near the historic Pleasure Pier it has great seating and windows. The food offers a great variety of seafood including local oysters and fish. Several gluten free choices. Staff excellent