“Knowledgable Local Guide!”

SUP Gulf Coast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Made a reservation online after reading great review from past clients. Marlo texted me the day before to let me know of a location change due to conditions in the gulf. Directions to the new location were clear and the spot was quickly identifiable. We did have to pay $5 each to get into the state park but Marlo also let us know that ahead of time. The boards and paddles were in great condition and Marlo gave us a quick refresher on how to turn etc. My husband and I had both been paddleboarding before with a full lesson elsewhere so a quick refresher was perfect! I had a great time even though it was very windy. I will definitely go back when the weather is nicer! Perfect for a day or weekend getaway from crazy Houston life!

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"marko"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed August 23, 2017

I signed up for Saturday yoga followed by an early morning SUP rental. The yoga instructor was great. Whether you're new to yoga or have been practicing for years she tailors the class to everyone. It wasn't too hot and the views are beautiful in the early morning. Unfortunately the water was really choppy that morning which leads me to the most important part. The woman I spoke with from SUP Gulf Coast greeted me when I arrived for yoga and then talked to me afterwards. She agreed that the water was rough and offered me a full refund on the spot. I had hoped to return later in the day with my family so I asked her to just wait and I would call her. We ran out of time and when I called her she answered right away and refunded the money that evening. This refund applied to my children as well as I originally booked three spots. This is phenomenal service in my opinion. I cannot recommend them enough! They are right on the beach at multiple locations. You can rent online or in person. Not being able to SUP was my only regret on this trip.

Marlo L, Owner at SUP Gulf Coast, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2017

Thank you so much Brooke! We will get you out on the water next time!

Marlo

Reviewed July 10, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time learning how to paddle board. Made reservations for paddle boards, chairs, and umbrella and had no issues even thou we were almost an hour late. Staff was nice and helpful. Definitely will do it again

Reviewed June 18, 2017

We rented two boards and had them delivered to our waterfront home in Galveston. Best idea ever! Marlo was extremely nice and professional. She delivered the boards the night before and gave detailed instructions on how to use them. Everyone enjoyed using them on the water during our family get together. Then Marlo called later in the evening on day of our rental to see if we were ready for pick up. The boards were exceptional and the ease of renting online was fabulous. I will definitely do this again for our next get together.