All reviewsindoor poolwafflesacross the streetroom was cleanpartial ocean viewwould stay here againparking lotfree breakfasthot breakfastthe ground floorseawall blvdsmall balconythe breakfast areanice breakfastfishing pierhot tubgreat place to stay
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

We love to go to “our” Quality Inn & Suites in Galveston, Tx. We feel like we are walking into an extension of our home. The whole staff treats us as family as soon as we walk in. Our room is always exceptionally clean and fresh smelling. That counts a lot with us. No one wants to walk into a stale smelly hot room.

The ocean view from our patio is wonderful. We love sitting out on the patio watching the waves and the great view of Galveston.

The breakfast is wonderful. Everything is fresh and great tasting. The “cooks” are always so friendly and helpful.

We hate to leave our Quality Inn & Suites, ourhome away from home. There is always so much to do in Galveston, we’d love to spend a month just visiting all the sights.

And we have to say that Mr. Marx and his staff especially Rachel, are really the best, the friendliest, the most kindest, wonderful management and staff in all this world!!!

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank monroeglennc
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

I had previously reserved another hotel and then decided to switch. I made this decision based incthei reviews I ready about Quality. Boy, did I make a mistake!  I arrived around midnight after a long day at work and then a long drive. I was tired and had 2 tired kids. check in was simple enough enough and we located our 5th floor room. The room had an unpleasant smell but we were exhausted and I figured it was because the air conditioner was turned cold enough. We quickly unpacked so we could get some sleep.  As we looked at the sheets, pillows, and comforter. totally disgusting. there were nasty stains on the linens and makeup stains on thr pillowcases.  I found the cleanest pillows I could and said we would see about it the following day. The teenagers were laying down and I could hear them screaming, "Oh my God, there are boogers on the wall!"  I look on the wall and sure enough there were several dried up boogers on the wall next to where they are suppose to be sleeping! I immediately went down and asked for another room. the lady at the desk said she would send info to the manager but would put me in the only room for the night. We packed all our things and relocated down the hall. Exhausted and frustrated we settled in and went to bed.

The breakfast was fair to poor. It was the same thing every morning. Rubber egg circle,  weird looking sausage party and the biscuits could have broken a window. The waffle stations were in the corner and caused major line issues. It just wasn't a good set up and we had to go to the front desk and request items that had ran out to be refilled. The kids weren't happy and wanted to go to the waffle house down the street. I assumed the breakfast would change daily but its didn't. It was exactly the same.

On the 2nd day we realized our TV wouldn't power on. Checked the plugs and such but wouldn't work. They did send someone to fix it while we were out.

Beach access meant walking through the parking lot of the Mexican restaurant next door and then crossing 5 lanes of traffic. The indoor pool was decent but small and loud because its indoors and children enjoy screaming.

Regarding the towels... the hotel will only replenish towels every 3 days rather they are on the floor or not. I had to track down housekeeping and ask for replacements. I understand the need to conserve water and save the planet but this was definitely more about saving money. My room was NOT cleaned one time while we were there. Overflowing trash cans and sand from the kids on the not so clean carpet.  The elevators were not ever cleaned either. Same trash remained on the floor every day.

I was told the manager would be notified of the issues with my room. That never happened. Overall, I will probably never stay at a Quality Inn (anywhere) again. In fact, I may have to abstain from any Choice Hotel ever again. I'm a busy single Mom and we love to explore and travel but this wasn't enjoyable at all. All of the issues at the hotel itself could have been resolved but instead ruined our getaway celebration of my birthday.

Please refer to pictures.. #1 disgusting dirty spot on comforter #2 yes, a booger! #3 another booger #4 yep, dried up wall booger! #5 elevator floor

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Michele C
Reviewed 22 May 2018

Set up a short vacation trip with grandkids. Was concerned about what might be available on short notice at this time of year. Wanted a balcony with a beach view. After some browsing, decided this looked like it fit our needs. As usual, I first checked on TripAdvisor and then made the reservation. Got 2 adjoining rooms and they put us on the front, facing the beach. This is obviously an older facility, but very well maintained. All the staff members we dealt with were not only nice, but also friendly. Sometimes you stay in a place with nice treatment, but it seems they are nice because they're paid to be. Not so here. All seemed happy to be of help. Lots of eating and shopping in walking distance. Jetty and pier with a hotdog eatery right across the street. Beds were great and everything in both rooms worked as it should. I feel we got a bargain for good quality. Would not hesitate to stay here again and recommend it.

Room Tip: Front corner rooms have windows facing beach,balcony angled toward beach.
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank JR J
James M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2018

I really appreciate your kind comments, and it is always good to hear that my staff took care of a guest. I hire friendly first, and then train the skills. I have found through long experience, that you can't train someone to be friendly...either they are, or they aren't. I have tried, and it has never worked out. We hope to see you again soon. Thank you very much for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Beachfront!

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

I stayed for 5 nights here recently. Upon arrival, I was greeted with excellent hospitality. The 2 ladies at the front desk, Christina and Raquel, handled all my needs promptly with fantastic customer service. My room was very clean, spacious, had been maintained very well. Complimentary breakfast had decent variety. Pool area was well kept and very nice. Almost every entrance you have to use your key card to get in, so that made me feel very safe. Location is very close to the beach, with less than a 10 minute walk to Rainforest cafe, IHOP, and is also very close to walmart and buggy rentals. Over all, my stay at this hotel was very pleasant, and I would stay here again in the future. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Galveston, TX.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank danielskdey
James M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

You are so nice to leave such great comments, Raquel and Christina were very happy to see them! I'm glad you had such a good stay! Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Beachfront!

Reviewed 8 May 2018 via mobile

Pleasantly surprised of hotel. Clean rooms, comfy beds, ac worked, plenty of parking. Beach is across the street and nice breakfast. Affordable also. Good customer service. Highly recommend great location as it is walking distance to Kroger and has plenty of restaurants nearby.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank beatrice a
James M, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2018

We really appreciate your very nice comments on your stay, and we're glad you had a great stay! Thank you so much for staying with us at the Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Beachfront!