“I get my comfort food fix here!”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #59 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 15, 2017

There is such a large variety, I feel everyone can find something they like here. I like the pot roast best. I rarely make that at home anymore as is too much food and trouble for 2 people and my husband is not crazy about it. I use the gravy the roast has with it in the pan on my mashed potatoes. Yummy! We usually go at lunch time and I find it a good value. I have a salad, entrée, usually multiple veggies and a dessert, less expensive than a hamburger. And just past the soft serve there is hand scooped ice cream, they have a peanut butter ice cream with little reeses types cups in it, I put hot caramel sauce, fudge sauce and nuts on that and it is so good! Not gourmet food but not gourmet prices either. We go about once a month.

Reviewed August 2, 2017 via mobile

We went to Golden Corral on our recent vacation. I went in with some trepidation, because the last time we were in Galveston this place was not good!! Boy oh boy has it changed!! Even though it was very busy, the buffet was plentiful with fresh hot food constantly being brought out! The food was well prepared, delicious and seasoned perfectly!! In fact we went there 2 times during our vacation. The wait staff was very attentive and did a great job of keeping drinks filled and plates picked up!! The fried shrimp and fish were outstanding!! Everything we good and the place was clean!! All in all a good place to take the family!!

Reviewed July 27, 2017 via mobile

Really now, you are paying for the ability to eat ok food from now until you explode. The steaks are pretty tough, so if you don't have your original teeth, beware! Really wasn't one food item that was extraordinary to rate the, um, entrance fee. Love the staff, though. Several came over on work visas from old Iron Curtain countries, learning useful English phrases such as "Can I take your tray?" Very friendly. Worth visiting for the United Nations experience, not so much for the dining.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

We had a great time in Golden Corral and the food was good. Our server Anastacia was amazing and gave us an outstanding service. She took care of our table like a professional... Always smiling!!!

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Anastasia was excellent and very attentive. She made sure our cups were never empty and the table always clean.