“Happy happy hour!”

Willie G's Seafood & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view
Reviewed October 12, 2017

A beautiful evening prodded us to try happy hour outdoors in the lounge area and we were lucky to find it was Happy Hour. Our waiter, Victor, navigated to our table through the large party seated next to us, was speedy and attentive, and brought out our appetizers hot and delicious. We had the seafood quesadillas, shrimp and fries and chicken and sausage gumbo along with a few adult beverages. Such a nice view with good food and great prices. Life is good.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

Very good food, not a good place to eat if you live on a McDonalds food budget.
Great patio and view of a working harbor. Nice place to take clients to impress them and have them let down their stuffy guard.

Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

Stopped by on a beautiful fall afternoon for lunch on the patio. Ordered a couple of salads and garlic bread. The bread was awful. It was stale, crumbly, and could not taste any garlic. However it was free and the salads very good. Overall was good.

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

Had an excellent meal, food was delicious, service really good, cannot find anything wrong with this restaurant, definitely well worth visiting if you are in Galveston.

Reviewed September 10, 2017

The only reason this restaurant gets a 3 is because of the location and decor. The food is disappointing and expensive.

I had not been to this restaurant for a couple of years, so made the trip recently for my birthday. On the positive side, it has beautiful decor, and if you sit outside or at a table by one of the windows looking out to the harbor, you may see dolphins. The bar is nice too.

SERVICE:
We arrived at 6 p.m. on a Saturday night, and service was good until we needed to get the bill. By then the place had gotten crowded and our server just didn't come back. After 20 minutes, I decided to pay cash (because it would take an additional forever to get my credit card back...) and flagged down the server who was busy at another table.

EXPENSIVE BAD FOOD:
Having eaten here before, I was shocked at how bad the food was. I ordered the shrimp enchiladas: the tortilla and sauce were good, but the shrimp inside was tasteless and hard as a rock. It was either overcooked, or was bad frozen shrimp. I picked it out. My "Texas rice" and black bean soup were also bland, as was my the etoufee we ordered, which we decided had probably come out of a can or kit from Cisco. Another of our party ordered the filet mignon, which was good, but not great.

Won't be eating there again, although I might go in for drinks.

2  Thank BelleBHouston_Texas