“Anything with crab A++”

Ranked #5 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our beach front location and fresh fare makes Miller's Seawall Grill a Galveston favorite for locals and visitors alike. While we prepare meals, our guests relax and enjoy the atmosphere and views. Our full menu is available all day. We offer traditional American breakfast favorites like French toast, omelettes, waffles, pancakes and steak and eggs. We also serve sandwiches, po-boys, burgers, salads, soup and gumbo. Miller's also serves traditional entrees, like chicken fried steak, ribeye steaks, chicken, liver&onions and pork n stuffing.Enjoy our seafood selection of: shrimp, oysters, flounder, snapper, salmon, lump crab. Our bar serves beer and wine, along with our signature bloody mary, margaritas and mimosas. Miller's also offers takeout.
Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

One of the best places I've been to in Galveston. We had a large party and we all basically tasted each other's dishes and everything was amazing. Crab balls, crab dressing, crab cakes, and the gumbo were fantastic. I don't even like gumbo and I actually loved theirs! Service was also awesome and our waitress was super informative. We will be sure to go back again!

1  Thank Allison M
Management response:Responded August 24, 2016

We can't wait to see you guys again, Allison! I'm absolutely thrilled that both the service and the food helped to make a great meal for you guys -- love that you guys ordered seafood. Is there anything better when at the beach? See you again soon!

Don Clark, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (1,940)

Reviewed August 23, 2016

On a recent trip to Galveston, we sought out Miller's Grill. It had come highly recommended by two of my friends. The menu was extensive. The service was wonderful, especially the person sitting parties. He was so friendly and cordial. We were fortunate to sit right across from him. I had fried shrimp, some of the best that I have ever had. My husband had grilled fish and shrimp. He raved about the flavor. We will certainly return to this great place.

1  Thank dunlapsherry
Management response:Responded August 24, 2016

We couldn't be happier that your friend's recommendations brought you to us, Sherry. It's true -- we love having something for everyone on our menu, so I'm glad you and your husband both found dishes that hit the spot. The shrimp dishes are definitely big favorites at our place! Also, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly service team -- I'll definitely pass along your compliments. In the meantime, we're looking forward to having you guys back next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

So my first breakfast here I was pretty amazing. The staff are really friendly, very attentive, and just all around great. The food is good- I mean it was bacon and eggs, but it was done right. And the pancakes are so fluffy and actually pretty substantial. The atmosphere is dark wood and polished brass with these huge plate glass windows looking out at the beach while old jazz plays in the background. My only complaint is that the coffee is a little weak, but not weak enough to keep me away. Hubs and I split the commodore and had leftovers- it's a lot of food.

1  Thank Mercurysfire
Management response:Responded August 24, 2016

Thanks for hanging out with us for breakfast! I'm glad you enjoyed the unique vibe of our interior and that your breakfast was cooked to your liking -- you can't go wrong with the classics. As for the coffee, we try to maintain a balance there. We don't want anyone to feel too overwhelmed by the caffeine, so we try to strike a happy medium. Either way, we're glad you're planning to come see us again, and I can't wait to hear about what you try next time!

Reviewed August 23, 2016 via mobile

Went here for dinner while on vacation and everyone was so nice and the burgers were great!! Plan on going back to try the breakfast before we leave Galveston!

1  Thank Shana B
Management response:Responded August 24, 2016

It means a lot to us to be able to be a part of your vacation, Shana! It's wonderful to hear that you were a fan of the burgers and service -- would love to hear about your breakfast experience with us as well!

Reviewed August 22, 2016

Ate at Miller's Seawall Grill for lunch with my wife and daughter. We arrived about noon and the wait was less than 10 minutes. Miller's has a great selection of entrees, and offers breakfast all day, which is a nice option. My wife and I both ordered the plate lunch special, though she only ordered the "mini meal". We both got the chicken fried steak as entrée. The 1/2 sized portion on the mini meal was the perfect size for my wife while the full size portion was huge, resulting in me taking almost half of it home. It was very good and exactly what you expect when ordering chicken fried steak. I also had a cup of gumbo. Despite what the menu said, the gumbo was not spicy, and I'd say that the taste was average when compared to other places that serve gumbo.
The service was friendly and prompt, despite the restaurant being completely full. We were seated near the entrance but still had a nice view of the Gulf.
The atmosphere was casual, with Frank Sinatra music playing in the background.
Overall it was a great lunch and we will definitely be going back to Miller's Seawall Grill.

1  Thank 85USNA
Management response:Responded August 24, 2016

Happy to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your lunch with us! It sounds like you guys ordered well -- the chicken fried steak makes for a truly satisfying meal. As for the gumbo, it sounds like you have a high tolerance for spice! It typically is quite spicy for our guests. Either way, as stated on the menu, we offer the option to sample the gumbo before ordering it, as we know that people have specific preferences for their gumbo, so feel free to do so next time if you'd like to try the flavors first before committing. That said, thank you for coming by to hang out with us, and I would love to host you guys again anytime!