“1st Visit”

Original Mexican Cafe
Ranked #37 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups
Reviewed October 16, 2017 via mobile

I called the evening before to see if it would be possible to seat nine of us. The person said sure let me make you a reservation. They should advertise on Open Table. My husband got 2 enchiladas from the a la cart items. He loved them. I ordered the deluxe nachos which were very good. For dessert time, Laura wanted the sopapilla cheesecake but they were out of them around noon on a Saturday which was disappointing. My sister and I ordered the flan which was delicious! The place was clean and the service was fast. We will definitely go back!

Reviewed October 15, 2017 via mobile

Husband loved his combination plate with tacos and enchiladas. My chimichanga was so-so. Children's plate was large size. Service was great. Friendly staff.

Reviewed October 13, 2017

I went with a group of 8 girls for a "kid-free" weekend and we had the best time. I got the grilled fish tacos and they were delicious! The chips and salsa were fresh and I believe everyone else enjoyed their food. Wait staff was helpful and attentive. Did not balk at splitting checks for 8 people.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

Enjoyed this fun and historical in Galveston. Food was tasty and service was good. We were there on a Tuesday night so it wasn’t very busy. Compared to Mexican restaurants in Houston, this was a good value for the money. Enjoy!

Reviewed September 29, 2017

We've visited the island several times and just tried this for the first time during our last visit. The service and the food is excellent!

Nicholas S, Owner at Original Mexican Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words!!!!