“Great food. Fast service.”
Review of Happy Buddha

Happy Buddha
Ranked #150 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 1 February 2018

We had a great meal here. There service was fast and friendly. Lots of food. Everyone was taking a box of food home. Authentic.

Reviewed 30 November 2017

Was excellent for years, food has suffered and prices have sky rocketed. Needs a good cleaning inside and out.

Reviewed 3 November 2017

This is one of the best Chinese Restaurants I have visited in many years. It has an extensive menu at very competitive prices. The portions are large and two selections could easily satisfy three hungry patrons. The Waiters are knowledgeable and eager to make each visit a happy one. The restaurant was very clean and has separate rooms for a more intimate dinner.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We went here because it was close to our hotel. Glad we did. The place is really neat with a medieval, German feel. Stone fireplaces in every room and large wooden beams. We loved it. Our waitress was the nicest lady! The food was great and when's the last time your food was bright in covered dishes? So much food! We had leftovers for days. The rice is unlimited and they bring carafes if soda so you can refill your own glass. The kids loved it. We'll be back.

Reviewed 11 August 2017

Haven't been back here in two years and I remember why. The atmosphere leaves much to be desired as it looks like a Steak and Ale with a few Asian fans on the wall and a Buddha in the foyer. We were handed menus and told to seat ourselves. I ordered the lunch special Beef and Broccoli. It came with choice of soup (I got hot and sour) fried rice and egg roll. The soup was neither hot nor sour, just a pool of thick something or other with some mushrooms and unidentifiable yuk. Moving on to the Beef and Broccoli and my advice is - just. don't. order. this. The meat was so chewy that I couldn't break it down and spat it into a napkin and the broccoli was nearly raw. The dish was covered in some kind of brown gravy that was way too salty, fried rice was gummy and since I didn't try the egg roll I can't comment on it. Just avoid this place.