“Best Fried Seafood in Galveston”

Shrimp & Stuff Restaurant
Ranked #17 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed 1 week ago

We go to Galveston, Texas at least one time a year. We always stop here. They have the best fried seafood in Galveston.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I joked with friends and family about how many times I could eat at Shrimp & Stuff while on a short (3 day) trip to Galveston for a reunion. Only managed twice, but both times was very happy with my meal. If your goal is to eat lots of shrimp while in Galveston, this is an excellent choice.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Like fast food seafood place. Had catfish, oysters and seafood gumbo... All were great.
Indoor and out door seating and very reasonably priced... A hidden gem

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a classic place, and it would fit in better if it was on the beach (although the prices would likely be higher). Not fancy, you order and pay at the counter, and they call your name when your food is ready - there is plenty of seating in multiple areas.

I had the fried shrimp platter (8) with coleslaw and fries, my bride chose the stuffed shrimp with coleslaw and bean salad. The dinners come with hush puppies (jalapeño), and they were good. I liked my shrimp - butterflied, lightly battered, and cooked properly. Her shrimp instead of being stuffed, were coated with a crab dressing and fried (they told her about how there were prepared at ordering). They were okay, but she was disappointed with the size of the shrimp. We enjoyed our sides. They also have a limited selection of bottled beer and wine.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stopped by for dinner while in Galveston for a reunion. The ordering is done at the entrance and there is a pretty complete menu. Being a shrimp aficianado, I had the fried shrimp which were almost the best I had ever had, but not quite.It was much better than is generally available on most menus. We also had a mahi salad which came with a large piece of fish and was cooked great.