Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel
  • Pool
Scottish Inn(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$59
Good 3.5/5
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$125
  • Breakfast included
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$249
Great 4.5/5
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$87
Hilton.com
US$57
US$134
Very Good 4/5
Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$129
US$189
Average 3/5
  • Pool
US$54
Good 3.5/5
All reviewsacross the streethot breakfastsea wallnice staybeds were comfortableview of the oceancruiseportstrand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We just stayed at this location for the weekend. I found this establishment was clean and nicely decored, We had no problems with checking in or out, The room was fab! It was clean, spacious and we have a balcony ocean view. We could walk across the street and be on the beach. This hotel is on the west side of the city, so you don't have a lot of congestion and noise. I loved my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
BestWesternGalveston, Webmaster at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your feedback. I’m glad that our hotel impressed you enough that you would stay with us again. Our goal is to provide an experience worth repeating for every guest, every time. I hope you will tell others about our hotel and make us your first choice in the area for the future. We’ll be here for you, your friends and your colleagues when you need us.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel welcomed us ...friendly when we got there. We stayed 3 nights....so plenty of time to give a round review.
Basically it’s a Motel 6. A little new paint and a air freshener blowing around the hotel...
Towels were limited.
Beds...probably the worst hotel bed I’ve stayed in in years...very uncomfortable.
I booked online through booking.com and didn’t realize that just starting this year...I didn’t get points for staying THREE nights. Ugh :(
Checked out on Sunday...hotel was basically empty...we asked for a late check out...just to enjoy an extra hour on the beach...the lady who so SWEETly welcomed us upon arrival...wasn’t so nice anymore :(. The other person there said no problem...take your time.
We came back to hotel...rushed and got packed up...I get a call from the sweet/welcoming lady at 1:04 and says...you aren’t out yet :(
Shocked. I just spent 3 nights ..$600 and maids are still cleaning in our hall ... I could say more but won’t.
I’ve stayed in lots of hotels there in Galveston..never that treatment. We were low key...never asked for one extra anything the whole stay.
Oh well...I’ll keep going to the other great places in Galveston :).

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and staying at the Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel.

We appreciate your feedback. Please allow me to offer our apologies for the inconveniences that impacted your stay.

Your observations has been taken up by a team for verification and necessary actions.
It shall be our endeavor to offer a fantastic experience to all our guests, but regret that this was not case with your stay.

It you would like to get away in near future, I shall personally assist you to ensure that you get a fine stay as I don't want your last memory of this hotel to be a negative one.

Regards,
Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great view and location . Decor is nice. Breakfast room is decent size but needs improvement on food available like fresh fruit and keeping up with refilling items so guests have a choice. Housekeeping needs to be trained to clean a room, not have your feet black within a minute of removing your shoes. Staff could tell you about the credit card hold for incidentals and recognize your reward status and just be friendly overall.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BestWesternGalveston, Manager at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel. It was wonderful to read you enjoyed our hotel location and view. Housekeeping received additional instruction in the level of cleanliness required of them as our employees. Staff was informed about your comment and received training in rewards points and courteous manner in which our valued guests are to be treated.Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We drove into Galveston with no reservations on spring break. Everywhere we stopped had no vacancy. We finally found one room left here and we snagged it for three days. The hotel is overall decent. The room was clean and the staff was very nice. The breakfast was a very nice spread with something for everyone. The hot tub was unfortunately not functioning, and the nights were chilly so it would have been nice, but they said we could use the one at the hotel next door. We chose not to do that but it was nice to be offered the option.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I’m so pleased that you found us a clean and pleasant place to stay and that our amenities were to your liking. Staff was appreciated for the great customer service. I am happy that you like the breakfast. We have noted your comment on hottub and shared with the maintenance staff to take required action. We take real pride in this hotel and serving guests like you, and I’m extremely happy that you had a such a pleasant stay. We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Reviewed March 13, 2018 via mobile

I would NOT recommend staying here. Customer service was TERRIBLE. Our fridge in our room didn’t work and our food got ruined. Room wasn’t even that nice either. Over all just bad. I would not stay here again personally.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clarissa R
BestWesternGalveston, Hotel Manager at Best Western Galveston West Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. Please accept our heartfelt apology that the level of service you received did not meet the usual high standards our guests have come to expect from us over the years.Front desk staff received additional training in the courteous, helpful manner in which they are to treat our valued guests. Maintenance was informed of the fridge in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to the needed repairs. Again, we apologize and hope you’ll give us another opportunity at some point to be of service.

Sincerely