“Friends dinner”
Review of Gaido's

Gaido's
Reserve with OpenTable
Gaido's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$0 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 39th Street
Description: The toast of the Texas coast. How can frozen fish be called fresh? The answer for anyone with snap is simple: it can’t. That’s why Gaido’s is the classic choice for fresh Gulf seafood. Patrons know Gaido’s is real, when others are clearly not. From red snapper and blue crab to white tablecloths crumbed with panache, there’s no denying Gaido’s is one-of-a-kind in a world of imitation. Now, after four generations of filleting, frying, grilling and baking, Gaido’s has grown into the picture perfect place of traditions– birthdays, anniversaries, retirements, reunions. As the largest fresh fish house on the coast, Gaido’s can serve up to 2,500 happy diners a day. -– for over 100 years – is truly the coastal classic.
Reviewed March 16, 2015 via mobile

This place was better than amazing! I had not been to Galveston in years and this place was fantastic! I'm ready to go back simply to eat here. We had a large party with reservations. Our tables were ready on time and we had a room to ourselves. Waitress was great and recommended the perfect selections. You have to try the grilled oysters! When they say they taste like a juicy steak, they aren't exaggerating. Can't say enough about this place. It's a must!!!

Casey G, General Manager at Gaido's, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2015

Wow Julie- thank you for that great review. We are so happy to hear that you and your party had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,815)

Reviewed March 15, 2015

Gaido's is a lot of people's 'all time favorite' in Galveston but we weren't thrilled. The waiter spoke with such a thick (Russian?) accent that we could barely understand a word he said. The wine we ordered came when our meals were already served. The meal is itself was okay but nothing remarkable.

I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your visit to Gaido's. We appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback with us as we are always trying to provide our guests with the best experience possible.

Reviewed March 14, 2015

First time to Galveston and had a great meal with fresh seafood. The grilled oyster appetizer was a wonderful recommendation. From waitress Sally that did not disappoint. Service was very attentive

1  Thank kelly u
Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

We had great service from Chris Hill and the food was superb:) We will have to come back! I highly recommend this place. Beautiful view too! The pecan encrusted catfish is so fresh and the pecan pie is to die for!

1  Thank Lana H
Reviewed March 14, 2015

This restaurant was a childhood favorite of mine and I have very fond memories of meals there with my family. On our recent trip to Galveston, I wanted to share the same type of meal with my husband and children. I was nervous about whether it would live up to my expectations. I needn't have worried. It was as I remembered!
The restaurant maintains it's elegant and quiet atmosphere, even in a day and age when such restaurants aren't as common. The walls are lined with photographs and memorabilia from the restaurant's history and family. The service is friendly and refined. Our waiter was able to share information about the history of the restaurant as well as meet our dining needs. However, despite the elegance of the restaurant, some people were dressed in jeans, so don't let the "niceness" scare you away if you didn't pack for a dressy dinner.
The food- I'm not sure I can adequately describe how perfectly everything was prepared. We had lump crab, grouper and mahi mahi. The fish was seasoned and cooked perfectly. The asparagus was also prepared just the way I like it, a little crisp and seasoned well. For dessert, we had the famous pecan pie and it did not disappoint!
If you are in Galveston and have the time and money, treat yourself with an elegant meal.