“Great start to the day!”

Brick House Tavern + Tap
Ranked #60 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2017

On our last day in Galveston, we started it with brunch at Brick House. Outstanding service, Bloody "Good" Mary, and Bison-Benedict. My wife went for pizza and mimosa. While they do not specialize in pizza, it was good-but not great. The mimosa's were good but a bit lighter than we expected. We polished it off with a shared Moscow Mule, which did not disappoint. They had a great setting inside and out, we opted for the outside deck which offered great views of the gulf. The staff was exceptional! Thanks for a great experience, it was a great parting meal and setting!

Reviewed October 8, 2017

Web went for a meal,which was average and fairly expensive for what was. Chicken pot pie seemed to basically soup with a thin crust on top.
It's basically a sports bar.
Michael, Nottingham.

Reviewed October 2, 2017

We only spent one night on the island, the Sunday night before we boarded our cruise ship and being a Sunday night, in mid September, it was very hard to find a place to eat and get a beer around 9:00 or 10:00 PM. We lucked into Brick House Tavern & Tap as our likely last resort and was told that we had ten minutes until the kitchen closed. We grabbed a seat at the bar and ordered fish and chips, which were amazing and started drinking, I loved being able to get a tall Guinness and the prices were great. I will say the bartender seemed a bit distracted and un-attentive at first, but once we finally connected and started ordering drinks, he became very aware of the glass and never let it get completely empty. They started shutting down too early, which originally concerned me, but I was pleasantly surprised that we were told it was okay to stay while the bartender cleaned up and we gladly did. Definitely salvaged our one night in the island and made our last night in Texas a very enjoyable one, before heading off to the Western Caribbean. Can't wait until next year, when we take our next cruise, we will definitely have fish and chips and cold beers here.

Reviewed September 18, 2017

My husband and I went to eat here over the weekend celebrating my birthday weekend! Service was GREAT, we sat outside and our waitress was awesome! I wish I could remember her name but she deserves a good job from her manager! She is preganat also which you would think she would be tired but she was on her game and was friendly and she kept our refills coming. The food was great too everything was fresh and tasted good! We really enjoyed our dinner and the atmosphere! Loved the outdoor sitting!

Reviewed August 22, 2017 via mobile

Glenna did a wonderful job as our server. Happy hour appetizers were great. Ordered a few different ones for the family to share. Atmosphere was low key and chill. Will definitely be back.