“Jalapeno hummus!”
Review of Olympia Grill

Olympia Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Olympia Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Cuisines: Greek, Healthy, Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located on Seawall and 49th, the Olympia Grill features dog-friendly, outdoor seating. Voted 'Best Local', 'Greek' and 'Salad'. Thank You. Come by and enjoy our gluten-free and vegetarian items, clearly marked on our menu for your convenience! We also do take-out, delivery, and off-site catering as well.
Reviewed 8 May 2017

Loved this Greek restaurant on the seawall. We started with a starter to share of jalapeno hummus. The hummus was blended with finely chopped jalapeno and garnished with some jalapeno slices. I've never had hummus fixed this way but I am a convert! I had a traditional gyro pita sandwich and Olympia's version was wonderful. The meat was shaved in thinner slices which allowed more of the grill flavor to come through. The tzatziki sauce was garlicky and plentiful. My friends had the moussaka and baked chicken and liked their choices as well. Service was engaged and efficient. If I lived in Galveston I'd be a regular.

Olympia_Grill, Manager at Olympia Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2017

I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit with us as much as you did. We hope you'll stop by again next time you're in Galveston for another Gyro pita! Do you happen to know the name or description of your server so we can give them credit as well for their great service?
Thanks again.

Reviewed 8 May 2017 via mobile

The lamb chops were some of the best I have ever eaten. This was a wedding reception . One of our waiters was Tony. He was great and made our evening so much more enjoyable.

Olympia_Grill, Manager at Olympia Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us and other guests. We're glad you loved everything and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

Went because we got a discount through our conference, and oh my goodness the hummus and greek salad were AMAZING!! Worth a stop if in the area.

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with others! We hope to see you again next time you're in Galveston.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Not exactly what I expected when I walked into a Greek Restaurant. The grilled fish was good and service was OK.

I appreciate you letting us know what you did and did not love at our restaurant. We take pride in providing every guest with great service, I'm sorry this did not reflect in your experience with us! We hope that you'll visit again to see that, and please don't hesitate to let a member of our management team know if you ever have issues with service in the future! Thanks again.

Reviewed 29 March 2017

We enjoyed all the food. We ordered the Gyro Platter, and we really liked the Gyros meat. It was so tender, and there was lots of it. My sides, roasted potatoes and green beans were great as well. The tomato on the plate was sliced super thin and very little. We especially liked the Tzatziki. We ordered a "large" side of it, and it was delicious. We did not like the fact that it almost cost $10.49 just for the appetizer because for us it seemed like a fairly small portion. But be aware that the Tzatziki you get as a side with your Gyros plate is extremely small. Greek salads were good too. Some of the items on the menu are a bit pricy, and it will add up. For the three of us, we spent about a $100.00 (with drinks, extra salad, "large" side, and dessert).

Olympia_Grill, Manager at Olympia Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

We appreciate your feedback and we're happy to hear that you enjoyed all of your food. We hope to see you again soon!