4,490 results
All reviews ghost tour rooms are small beautiful historic hotel swim up bar city view across the street pool area self parking pleasure pier corner room valet service hotel restaurant gulf of mexico sea wall brunch melissa bobby

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Reviewed 28 August 2016

I've stayed at this hotel in the past and loved it. I love the history behind it, and the charming original details that are still prevalent in the design of the place. It's an elegant hotel with a great bar and restaurant, and the rooms are charming and comfortable. I highly recommend, and will continue staying there when I visit Galveston.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 500 this last time, and it had a fantastic view of the beach.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the complimentary review on Hotel Galvez & Spa. We love that you appreciate our history and our ambiance. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Very nice stay for seven nights. Food was very nice especially the Sunday brunch. Waiters always helpful and smiling. Nanette,Miguel and all the other waiters treated us like special guests. The pool water was clear and a nice temperature. The spa was a heavenly experience. This is our third visit and not our last.
Nicole

Stayed: August 2016, traveled with friends

We are pleased that you enjoyed your third stay at Hotel Galvez & Spa. We appreciate the loyalty and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 28 August 2016

The Galvez was recommended to us by another couple celebrating their anniversary. The staff at The outdid themselves. They upgraded the room to an ocean view, sent us a complimentary bottle of champagne, and gave us a commemorative book. The property was a combination of old-world charm with contemporary amenities. Breakfast buffet was exceptional and waitstaff met our needs immediately. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view. It's spectacular.
  • Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGalveston, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Galvez & Spa a Wyndham Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2016

Congratulations and thank you for choosing Hotel Galvez & Spa to celebrate your 45th anniversary. We are thrilled we exceeded your expectations. We hope to see you again soon. We host our annual wedding vow renewal in June.

Reviewed 27 August 2016 via mobile

I am usually hesitant to write reviews because I am not easily impressed with individuals simply "doing their jobs". However, my experience at Hotel Gálvez completely left me in awe. I'd like to give special thanks and recognition to the front desk staff who checked me in with pleasant smiles, attentive, and thoughtful expediency because it was late and I had traveled all day and was extremely tired. After settling into my room, I came down to have a beverage and met an awesome bartender! Tom made me feel as though he'd known me for quite some time and he's the first person I've met from Romania. I returned to my room and ordered room service and Marissa added the finishing touches to an extremely great first night experience. The next morning I dined for breakfast and, again, was greeted with unparalleled service. Junelyn and teammate Jessica were absolutely refreshing. Although, I believe Junelyn was my primary server, Jessica was equally eager to assist as I continued to task them each by asking for various condiments and refills of beverages. I'm sure I deserved to be ignored due to my high demands, but these amazingly ladies continued to smile and deliver impeccable service.

The room was so comfortable and clean it was difficult forcing myself to go out! I have stayed at hotels throughout my travels abroad and Hotel Gálvez ranks amongst the best!

Stayed: August 2016, traveled on business

Thank you for the kind review on the attentive service you recieved at Hotel Galvez & Spa. We are pleased that our staff made your stay enjoyable. We appreciate the top ranking and we hope to see you again soon.