“Beef Fajitas!”

Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina
Ranked #31 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Reviewed 1 week ago

If your a fan of Beef Fajita, then Taquilos is your place. There aren't many restaurants that can compete with Pappasitos. This place can and the meat is a very nice cut of beef.
The flautas are Huge and pretty good. Bartenders are experienced and pour a nice drink.
We visit about once a week.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you so much for the excellent review! We are thrilled to hear you love our beef fajitas and that our bartenders take good care of you. We love our locals and look forward to seeing you again next time!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

There's plenty of choice for food. Good and tasty food. Staff was nice and helpful. I ate the most cheesy quesadilla.

Thanks so much, Daisy, for the excellent review! We're so glad you you joined us and enjoyed one of our wonderful quesadillas. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My friend & I were in Galveston for the day & I was going to take her to the place next to this place for seafood lunch. But we paused to look at Taquilo's menu & decided to give it a try as they had some decent seafood offerings. The server ( I am sorry I don't remember her name - its on my receipt at home. Started with an M) was WONDERFUL. So attentative, so friendly, we never lacked for refills or anything. She would check on us & a couple of times stopped for visit for a couple of minutes. She suggested the day's special which was seafood enchiladas. So we ordered them & a cerveche appetizer. She was right on as the seafood enchiladas were the best I have ever had. They were stuffed full of shrimp & fish & covered with a mild poblano pepper cream sauce & queso blanco. I cant wait to go back & have them again. Overall great experience.

Thank you so much, Carol, for the excellent review and details of your visit. We're so glad you stopped in and enjoyed lunch with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited on a Monday afternoon for lunch. The weather was beautiful, so I wanted to sit outside. I stood at the "podium" and waited for someone to greet me. And I stood, and I stood. I saw several servers inside notice me, so I waited just a few minutes more before I gave up and went inside. There was no "seat yourself" signing outside, but when I opened the door, a server did acknowledge me right away and told me to sit anywhere. I decided to sit inside and things turned around quickly. My server acknowledged me immediately and brought water and chips/salsa quickly.

I was going to try the fajitas, but after seeing that they were almost $25, and most likely much more food than I could eat at lunch, I decided to try the chicken flauta appetizer instead. I'm so glad that I made that decision! The flautas came out quickly and the portion size was HUGE! They were delicious and I was barely able to finish them. I left stuffed and happy for just over $10. Once I went inside, the level of service was perfect! I will be back.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Taquilo's Tex-Mex Cantina, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much, Deena, for this great review and for sharing the details of your visit. So glad you enjoyed your lunch with us and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This place was just okay. We got a new waiter I think and he may have been overwhelmed with 7 people and other tables. Many items came out wrong and some appetizers never came at all. Portions are hardy so probably good to share unless you’re really hungry. Rice is great and so are the bacon wrapped chicken

Thank you for bringing the details of your visit to our attention. I think we may have been in contact with another person in your party. We appreciate our diners' input so we can continually improve the dining experience and we hope that you'll come see us again.