“Quiet relaxing refined lunch ”

Sarah's On The Square
Ranked #1 of 69 Restaurants in Gainesville
Cuisines: American
Edmond
“Quiet relaxing refined lunch ”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Was in town on business and had lunch here. Was looking for a little more upscale than the corner diner and found it here. An eclectic variety of antique chairs and tables adorns the dining area and a grand chandelier hangs over the bar. Plus the burger and home made seasoned fries were great. Overall a great place to experience small home town feel and good food at the same time.

“Wonderful lunch!”
Reviewed May 24, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stopped in for lunch and we enjoyed it very much. Sarah's salad was great and pimento cheese sandwich was very tasty and filling. Would recommend and only 1/2 mile off hwy!

1 Thank Ninitex
gainesville
“Not impressed”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I've been wanting to visit for some time after reading several reviews and took the plunge today. The food was bland and peach tea was awful. I had a weak BLT with chips that had more grease than potato on them and my husband got the stuffed baked potato which consisted of only a potato with shredded beef on it, no butter, cheese, or seasoning. I wasn't asked if I needed a refill on my drink until we paid for our meal and was getting up to leave. The inside is gorgeous but that was about it.

Gainesville, Texas
“SLow SLow SLow”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Food is good but the menu never changes! If you stop in, be prepared for a LONG experience, at least 1 1/2 hours minimum. This has been a problem since they opened and for some reason they never fix it. Food at times is inconsistent. If you have plans, allow at least 2 2 1/2 hours before your appointment.

Visited December 2013
Minnesota
“I can't think of anything they could have done better.....”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We are from Minnesota and we escaped for the month of February and rented a home near Gainesville, TX, a cozy Texas small town we visited often.

On our last evening there we had dinner at Sarah's and it was delightful. This comfortable restaurant is better known for their lunches but they are open for dinner on Friday and Saturdays (they are closed Sunday).

We could not have been more pleased with the quality of the food and service. Todd was our experienced waiter and he attended to our every need. The food was excellent and portions reasonable.

I had the salmon and asparagus (my favorite) and my wife had prime rib and we shared a dessert afterwards.

If I lived her I would be a regular!

• Visited February 2014