“Stop for Breakfast at the Whistlestop”
Review of Whistlestop

Whistlestop
Ranked #4 of 46 Restaurants in Decatur
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We were frustrated with the lack of places other than fast food for breakfast and found The Whistlestop on the GPS hoping it was what we wanted. It sure was the breakfasts were excellent as was the service. The omelettes were big and the hash browns were fresh cut not frozen and deep fried. Your coffee cup was never empty and my wife got some fresh brewed ice tea. There were friendly folks dining there and enjoyed visiting with the other patrons. Well making stops there in the future anytime we are close to Decatur.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (85)

Reviewed 24 February 2021 via mobile

I didn’t love the pie. I wish I had gotten there in time for breakfast unfortunately I didn’t. The cherry pie I had was way too sweet, but it was fresh. Would go again for breakfast...

Reviewed 7 February 2021

Granted the petrified wood building is incredible but wait until the pandemic is over to eat there. NO STAFF WEAR MASKS and nor do the customers while not eating. This type of defiance of public health gives small towns a bad name during a health crisis. You will get the evil eye if you wear a mask and greeter was rude. Makes it feel it's just political. Sweetie Pie's and other restaurants in Decatur require masks for public safety and deliver curbside. I'm just saying.

1  Thank Queemie
Reviewed 2 February 2021 via mobile

Great Mom and Pop place. Looked clean/ good service. Home cooking will bring us back!
Curious that no one including staff wears a mask.

Reviewed 8 December 2020

A small nostalgic historic café located on bus 287 with
Great food. The Chicken fried steak, Meatloaf, Tacos etc. is very good, the homemade pies are awesome. No, they don’t wear mask but if your afraid of walking two steps into a cafe to eat without a mask when everyone around you is eating without a mask on then maybe this place isn’t for you. There are a lot of us locals who love this place. If this is your first time here check out the motor inn in the back where The famous Bonnie & Clyde have rumored to stayed and the old petrified wood station next door.
I would give it six stars, we live about a mile from here and eat here often.

Date of visit: December 2020