“Outstanding meal!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Burton
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Brazos Belle is a true Country-French Restaurant located in the small town of Burton, in the rolling hills of Washington County.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

On the basis of its consistently high reviews on Tripadvisor, the four of us stopped there for dinner on the way from Austin to Galveston for the Easter weekend. Our meal was everything we had hoped it would be. I ordered the stea kau Poivre Vert, and other than being just a wee bit overdone, it was outstanding. Two of our party had the brochette of beef, and they were the best of the entrees (cut with a butter knife tender!) we ordered. The medallions of beef were also very much enjoyed. The side vegetables were absolutely the best any of us had eaten anywhere, and the bread was so good that my grandson bought a loaf to take with him. The two waitresses were harried, but did a great job of serving everyone in minimum time with lots of smiles. Very personable staff. We were all to stuffed to even consider dessert. We'll stop there again when we're going that way!

Reviewed 21 March 2018

This is our go to spot for nice food in the area. The chef is great and comes to visit tables. The quality is always exceptional. The steak medallions are always cooked to perfection and seasoned well. The salads are always very fresh. We like the fish entrees also. The dessert of peaches and ice cream is a must try. We usually share the desert because we get full. The wine list is short but sufficient. You do need to remember to bring cash. They only take cash and checks.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

There are other good restaurants in the Brenham area but there’s no place quite like the Brazos Belle in Burton. Located in an historic building, it offers fine dining in a relaxed and welcoming atmosphere. Entrees range from $12 to $38 and prices are reasonable for the quality. Everything we have tried has been good. When we come to this lovely part of the state, it’s a given that we will schedule our trip to coincide with the days this restaurant is open. This trip we celebrated my birthday with steak au poivre and cassoulet and it was perfect.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

We’ve lived in the area for a couple years now, and have always wanted to try the Brazos Belle. Given the odd hours, it never seemed to work out.
We popped in yesterday evening for dinner, looking for a change.

I have to say, we were impressed. I started with the lentil soup, while my wife had the salad with the signature vinaigrette. The lentil soup was very hearty, perfect for the cold weather.

For our meal, my wife had the salmon, and I had the cassoulet. The salmon was a little over done, but flavorful. The cassoulet was a delight. The duck was tender and flavorful, the sausage was great. It is a winter special, and well worth the trip.

Also important to note, no cards are accepted, so its cash or check only.

Reviewed 20 January 2018

My husband and I had dinner in this wonderful historical restaurant. I had the Mixed Grill and my husband had the Pork Medallions. The food was fresh and cooked to perfection. We enjoyed the house wine and it was very reasonably priced. Great service.