All reviews family owned maple motor picnic tables the river clean rooms clean place to stay reasonable rates visit pigeon forge nice pool ice machine within walking distance love this place location is great definitely stay here again trolley stop non smoking coffee pot
Reviewed 17 September 2018

We always enjoy staying at Maples. It's always clean and quiet. The employees are always friendly and helpful. It is a family Motel. It is the only Motel that I feel safe to rent without inspecting the quarters first.

Room Tip: ask for a room on the back row because the river runs behind them. It's nice and peaceful..
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank edward v
Reviewed 4 September 2018 via mobile

We went to Pigeon Forge and had heard about Maples from a relative. When we arrived we received excellent service. Our room was clean and neat. Very quiet. Loved our 2 night stay there. I would definitely recommend this Motel to anyone. American owned and operated.

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 September 2018

We have stayed at this place for years. After getting home tonight from our short trip, I received a call from the motel that my credit card had been denied. Much to my surprise, as I had paid cash for the night. The lady acted as if she couldn't remember. End of call. It upset me so much that I called back, boy was that a mistake. The second lady said that I had no right to call them back, that my credit card had been denied and that I said that I paid cash and should have left it at that. Then I explained to her that I did not give them my driver's license or credit card at check in and that it was on record with them. Another mistake. She told me that they do not keep that information on file and that I should never have called them back, but the question that comes to my mind is, as I did not give her my credit card, where did she get the information to charge my card? Anyway, she said that the card machine was down and they were trying to run the cards today--I PAID CASH--so how did they have my information to run the card? Simple, my card is on file. So, I won't bother them anymore, and will take my little bit of money to someone else.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled as a couple
Jack M, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2018

we apologize to debra for the mixup. this occurred on a very busy friday night of labor day weekend. the owners have had discussions with both of these employees, who are in their first and second years of working at our front desk. credit card information is maintained in the computer; and is only valid until the expiration date passes. our business and employees are honest, that is why we have been in business for 47 years!

Reviewed 1 September 2018 via mobile

Me and my wife stayed in the king suite. It was very nice and clean. We were doing just a parent getaway and it was all we needed. It's right no the strip. It in walking distance to a lot of attraction. I would defiantly recommend this hotel, I will be back!!!

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed 8/21/18 suppose to stay two nights, we checked in and then went to eat and play arcades etc. came back for the night and there were roaches and hair in the bed. We called the front desk and she told us they do not have roaches in Tennessee. I mean really. We took pictures of them crawling on the walls and ceiling. So we were moving rooms at almost midnight we were moved to a room that was NOT clean. We asked for a refund and the women said we would have to talk to the office the following morning, we did they refunded our next night that we had paid for but not the previous night. I mean really we couldn't rest thinking of roaches crawling. Not only did we have to ask for our money back but they shouldn't have been charged full price for the night. We don't want our baby in a filthy place like this. We had a 10% off coupon that we got from the visitors center when we were leaving they gave it back to us like they were helping us. Really... We won't be back here nor will we recommend this place.

This place has been going down hill for some time now I guess now it's reached the bottom.
Do not fall for the Locally family owned gig, get your money's worth at a professional Hotel.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Jack M, Owner at Maples Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2018

we are very sorry about this couple's experience. it is our policy to treat customers as we would want to be treated. the desk clerk should not have argued with the guest about a bug. period. the guests should have been offered a refund at the time of the complaint. period. all desk clerks will be reminded of our policies and procedures.
on the other hand, the clerk inspected the second room and found it clean, and the guests accepted the room after looking at it, so it's unclear what problem ProudP found on their second room. there was no mention of problems with this room at checkout. in fact, the morning clerk heard no complaints at all except the party wished to check out a day early.
as to the presence of a bug (only one bug was found) no establishment in pigeon forge has a more complete pest control program than maples motor inn. if there was a hair on the bed when the guests checked in, that was a housekeeping mistake. our housekeepers are top-notch but mistakes can happen.
once again we apologize to our unhappy guests. we are very proud of the cleaniliness of our rooms. that is the main reason we are ranked #4 out of 93 area hotels. please consider our clean, older family motel's prices (ProudP paid $44) to the #1 hotel in town advertising rooms for over $400 per night.