“Great BBQ eating”

Preacher's Smokehouse
Ranked #6 of 39 Quick Bites in Pigeon Forge
Price range: US$6 - US$24
Description: Preacher's Smokehouse is a family owned Smokehouse in the Great Smokey Mountains. Great for locals and tourist alike we offer a variety of menu items for a very reasonable price. Everything is made from scratch in house daily. Take a trip off the beaten path to enjoy our scenic mountain views and experience a place to gather and eat meat.
Reviewed 31 May 2021

This isn't a fancy place but its nice and very casual, such friendly folks and most importantly it is good food.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (94)

Reviewed 29 May 2021 via mobile

I love finding local, off the beaten path dining options wherever I travel and I was really excited about Preacher's Smokehouse. I was SO disappointed. The first sign should have been the "burnt ends". I call burnt ends "meat candy" as every burnt end I have ever eaten are the corners and tips of the smoked brisket and they melt in your mouth. Not here. Their "burnt ends" are tough, chewy hunks of pork in sauce. Yuck. I shared a 3 meat platter with the rib add on with my travel buddy. We had the burnt ends, brisket, ribs, fries and potato salad. I honestly don't think the brisket was brisket. I think it was another cut of beef (maybe a chuck roast?) cooked in a crock pot with no seasoning. It was also tough and chewy. And just yuck. The ribs were decent, but a bit dry. Still thr best meat we had. The fries were good - just basic crinkle cut fries. And potato salad was awful. Again, no flavor.

I feel bad writing this review because the people here were so nice. So, if you want to meet nice, local people - make the trip. If you want good BBQ, sadly this is not the place.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 3 May 2021 via mobile

Great food! A different dining experience for sure, but so glad we tried it! Service was outstanding considering, so friendly & really wanted to make sure we left happy. Would definitely visit again ps, order the banana pudding

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 26 March 2021 via mobile

4 of us had lunch here recently. Me and my spouse have eaten here several times but we brought another couple this time who had never been here. They thought the food was exceptional and Preacher’s is now number 1 on their list for BBQ in the area. Never had anything bad here and the Preacher will check on you often if you eat-in to make sure everything is right. Meats like pulled pork, chopped brisket, chicken and ribs are smoked to perfection and tender and juicy. Never frozen or reheated. Sides like brisket chili, baked beans, mac & cheese, green beans, fries, slaw, potato salad and Brunswick stew are delicious. Service is quick too and prices are reasonable. Don’t wait to eat late as he often runs out and when it’s gone he’s closed for the day.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank coastermeister
Reviewed 16 March 2021 via mobile

Food was very delicious! This place was suggested to me and so glad it was. It was one of our best meals on our trip. It's off the beaten path but what a hidden gem it was. Staff/cook were super friendly and attentive. We will definitely be back on our next trip.

Date of visit: March 2021