Open today: 10:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Very enjoyable visit

My husband and I went because my son and daughter in law had visited earlier in the year on... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Texasirishblonde
Belton, Texas
Very entertaining.

As a retired law enforcement officer I found this experience very good. I knew a lot of the cases... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$34.22
from US$52.95
from US$101.54
1,576 results
All reviews law enforcement audio tour bonnie and clyde serial killer old west scavenger hunt interactive exhibits interesting information we spent hours medieval times laser maze three hours on display rainy day take your time little pricey worth the money
Selected filters
Reviewed 11 April 2021 via mobile

We read the reviews so we were prepared for a lot of reading just not this much reading. There is a ton of very interesting information and artifacts. With so many artifacts, this place has the potential to be outstanding. The artifacts are surrounded with pictures and paragraph after paragraph of information to be read. Some displays were not well lit, some were very low or very small print and some were just too close together. I went in with the intention to read everything, but after 45 minutes of just standing and reading I had to start skipping most of it. I decided to look at all the pictures and artifacts but just read a line or two of the material presented. When I got to the 911 display I was excited to see a video in a viewing room. I sat down expecting to re-live some if the emotions from that day, but that's not what we got. We got more bullet points being read to you!!! There were short video clips, pictures and a basic audio presentation. We were all disappointed with this. My 12 year old son was disappointed that there was not more presented about Alcatraz. My daughter who is studying Forensics and Criminology loved the interactive question kiosks but thought videos would have added a lot. We paid extra for the audio tour for my son. He enjoyed it but got bored very quickly. The rest of us did not want to walk around the whole time holding something to our ear and looking for numbers to punch in to hear audio for that room.

Overall the stuff in this place is pretty amazing, but there are ways to present it that would make you want to come back time and time again. We were ok the first time, but we have no desire to go back again.

1  Thank Debbie N
Reviewed 9 April 2021 via mobile

Fun time and even learned a few things. Kid had a blast. Due to Covid we had to wait about 30 mins to get in, but staff was friendly and are wiping everything off after each group of ppl go thru. Worth the money.

Date of experience: April 2021
alcatrazeast, Public Relations Manager at Alcatraz East Crime Museum, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thank you for the great review! We are so glad you took notice of our efforts to keep the museum as safe as possible for our guests. We hope you can come back and visit us in the future to see some of our temporary exhibits that change throughout the year!

Reviewed 6 April 2021 via mobile

We came here after our college daughter recommended it and were looking for something to do. Seeing how titanic was sold out...this was a good alternative.

It was very crowded and bottlenecked throughout 90% of the museum. Lots of information and new facts discovered while going through. Pretty messed up & disgusting human beings featured here.

My kids did the detective book, which kept them entertained.

Took our family of 6 about 2 1/2 hours to get through.

Date of experience: April 2021

Thank you for choosing us as an activity while in town! Glad to hear your family of all ages enjoyed the visit! We hope you can come back and see us again in the future for new exhibits on display!

Reviewed 31 March 2021

My husband and I are both in the criminal justice field, just from reviewing the museum's website we knew we would enjoy it. Once we got there and experienced it, our expectations were blew out of the water. There is so much to read and the few interactive exhibits they had open were enjoyable as well and staff were often seen disinfecting surfaces, ensuring those exhibits could stay open. Upon entry we were advised it would take about 3 hours to tour the museum. I believe we were there for 5!

Date of experience: March 2021

So great to hear you enjoyed your visit with us! Being in the criminal justice field makes all we have to offer even more interesting! Be sure to come back in the future to check out new exhibit additions!

Reviewed 31 March 2021

Could not believe that 3-hours passed as quickly as it did! Very impressive museum concentrating on a subject that most do not consider. Only a part of it is devoted to Alcatraz itself, with many other crime-related exhibits/history, including a very impressive forensic science CSI component, chilling exhibits on serial killers, and a fun interactive set of games before leaving.

Date of experience: March 2021

Great to hear you enjoyed all we have to offer at Alcatraz East! We work hard to highlight all aspects of American crime along with Alcatraz itself. Stop by and see us in the future for new exhibits!