“Interesting stuff”

Alcatraz East Crime Museum
Ranked #22 of 95 things to do in Pigeon Forge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Alcatraz East is a crime museum featuring an in depth look at American Crime History which includes artifacts from Alcatraz, but this is not a Museum dedicated solely to Alcatraz.Explore American History from a different perspective. Five unique galleries burrow deep into the studies of criminal intent, criminal profiles, the penal system, victims, crime prevention, forensic science, law enforcement and the Judiciary Branch of government. The museum is 25,000 square feet spread over 2 floors and includes over 100 interactives.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Stairs / elevator, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is a great 2 hour museum (maybe longer) thing to do while in Pigeon Forge. My daughter and her friend didn't seem too enthused at first and went in complaining. After a few minutes they became interested and read lots of facts about crimes committed in America. They even wanted to look some things up on Google when we left. One thing I don't recommend is the extra $5 for the audio. We bought into that part and it did not add anything to the experience like I thought it would. It wasn't worth it. The museum flows well and we really enjoyed it.

All reviews
in 15 reviews
"medieval times"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The crime museum went through several decades of crime. Some that we remember, some that we don't, and others that we choose not to remember. It was interesting to learn some of the information behind the crimes, the life's that led up to it and seeing some of the clothes or materials that were a part of the crime scene

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I could have spent the entire day in this place, so many interesting artifacts. It was way more than I expected. In addition to the history of crime, it also included accounts of punishment throughout the ages. I learned a great deal about many of the major crimes committed over centuries as well as their perpetrators. I am certainly glad my daughter suggested it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Museum was well organized,clean. It was also loud. Forget the upcharge to get the handset that you hold to your ear. No one in my party could hear anything well enough to bother with it!