“A Bit Disappointing”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 4th Avenue
Reviewed 5 March 2021

This restaurant has two levels. I ate at the higher end second floor.

Friendly staff. Manager came over to talk. But the food was average. I started with a Beefeater Martini. At $13.75 for a 2 ounce pour (plus a separate tax on liquor(, a bit chintzy.

I started with a wedge salad, but instead of the crumbled bacon, it came with a fatty slab of thick cut bacon. I know thick cut is popular, but it was like trying to eat a chunk of fat.

The crab cakes were generous if a bit bland. Came with a nice small greens selection.

The wine list, like the regular menu, is a bit limited by the glass, but I was pleased to find a Cave Springs Riesling from the Niagara region of Canada. A nice surprise.

So, all in all, nothing really bad, but nothing that will have me coming back.

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (3,090)

Reviewed 26 February 2021

Had dinner with family and friend. The location is great right in the mix of the downtown action, but the food is average or below. I would compare to a Denny’s.

1  Thank fbermudez1115
Reviewed 20 February 2021 via mobile

Great atmosphere, great southern hospitality and an amazing dinner which included filet mignon, flank steak, Brussel sprouts, broccoli and gnocchi. For desert we had peach cobbler with butter pecan ice cream and last but not least, a blond brownie with caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream. Our server Mark was very attentive and personable! They acknowledged my daughter's birthday multiple times ! Thank you Merchants for an amazing night!

Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

4 of us went here for dinner. The food was spectacular. I had homemade tomato soup and a grilled cheese with smoked Gouda, cheddar and bacon. My son had the strip steak which was cooked perfectly. The service could have been a lot more hospitable.

Reviewed 14 February 2021 via mobile

We were going to eat upstairs but ended up eating at the bar. Really enjoyed talking with the barkeep Chris. Great bourbon, pork loin, Ceasers Salad and shrimp cocktail. Nice atmosphere, service and food.