Admiral Motor Inn(Rosebud)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$80
Agoda.com
US$64
Hotels.com
Bay Motel Safety Beach(Dromana)(Great Value!)
US$94
US$85
Peppers Moonah Links Resort(Fingal)(Great Value!)
US$125
US$122
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Moonlight Bay Apartments(Rye)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$109
Agoda.com
Rye Hotel - One Four Nelson(Rye)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$100
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsacross the roadcomfortable staybusy intersectionideal locationovernight staybalconypeninsulashopsconditionerqueenscliffsorrento
Reviewed 11 April 2018 via mobile

An older motel but my room was quite nicely renovated. Everything worked fine and the bed was comfy. The one staff member I encountered was friendly and helpful. The traffic noise was frightful. What is it with the type of Australian male numbskull who has to draw attention to himself with a motor which sounds like dragster fitted with night club speakers? It only points you out as an idiot and this area seems to have plenty of them. I know that double-glazing seems to have escaped this country but if it were fitted to this motel, it would make a massive difference and they could probably charge more. A nice older motel which perhaps ought to be marketed to the hearing impaired.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 29 November 2017

My family planned on catching the early ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff and I had to look for somewhere convenient to stay for the night previous to the day of travel. I found the Bayview Motel on the strength of the reviews from other visitors. I did not have high hopes as I only expected to have a shower and catch some sleep before I leave eraly the next day. We visited the Penguin Parade Centre before we drove to the Sorrento area and I have informed the Motel that we would be arriving quite late. The Motel emailed me two days prior to my expected arrival informing me that their office would be closed at 8 pm. They have kindly offered to place my room key underneath the door mat outside my rooms. That worked perfectly fine. Upon my arrival, I discovered that the Motel does not have many rooms. My room came with one double bed and two single beds in a separate room. The double bed was placed in what appeared to be a sitting room. The rooms were well appointed and clean, though looking a bit old. The only downside to my room is the shower in my room. No matter how careful my family was in trying to contain the water in the bath tub, the water found its way to the toilet floor and slightly flooding the floo. Other than this, I have no problem with the room and the location of the motel, which is extremely convenient for catcing the ferry, which is a 10 min drive away. But be ware, save for the petrol station just opposite to the Motel, and which is closed from 11ish every night, there is virtually no shops around the area. If you need food, you will need to try your luck by driving towards Sorrento area. If I have to go back to this area, i do not mind staying in this Motel again.

Room Tip: As this is a small establishment comprising a two-storey building, there is not much to distinguish between rooms.
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 28 November 2017 via mobile

Our room was lovely with a patio area but it was kept locked by owners. Had to sit out front of room on table. Beautiful bathroom and close drive to take away food. Across the hiway to beach area. Highly recommend.

Stayed: November 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Returned to Bayview for overnight stay recently and found not only are staff still friendly and happy to help but rooms have been renovated. New air conditioners, bathrooms and furniture made for an even more comfortable stay. Not as cheap as the copper lantern but the best value on the peninsular by a long way, ideal location. Highly recommended

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2017

A good clean motel in a central location. No issues with the condition of the room, the units are a little dated but very clean.The airconditioning unit was noisy, our stay was winter so the unit was turned off at night. Although on a busy intersection, we did not find the noise to be a problem at night. Centrally located for our overnight stay to catch the ferry from Sorrento to Queenscliff.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple