“Another great lunch”

Max's at Red Hill Estate
Ranked #7 of 29 Restaurants in Red Hill
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Max’s at Red Hill Estate sits high on a hill in the beautiful hinterland of the Mornington Peninsula, with breathtaking panoramic views over precision planted vines to Westernport Bay and Philip Island.Max’s Restaurant offers an award winning modern Australian menu showcasing the finest local ingredients, featuring Max’s own range of produce and matching dishes to the estate wines. Max's caters for intimate dining, groups, weddings and corporate functions. Max's is complemented by two delightful cottages and artisan food and wine tours, which combine with the restaurant to provide an authentic gourmet experience in one of Victoria's most picturesque regions.
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Went with a group of friends, all up a great experience. The waitress was a delight and provided great service.

The meals were very well presented, may be a tad on the small side, but really enjoyable. The wine choice and pricing was very good.

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

We went with a group of friends for a birthday lunch on a Sunday, with an $80 person 3-course limited menu the only option.

The good: the view is amazing. The staff were first rate. The food was good quality.

The mediocre: the limited menu did not really cater well to diverse food needs. The servings were very small. Sides were needed with the mains to make them filling (the beef offered two tiny pieces the size of medallions with a few little veggies), which quickly added a lot of cost. With a mixture of drinks, the price quickly climbed to $130 per head, which I just didn’t find good value.

Reviewed 29 May 2018

Wonderful location to wile away a few hours. Delicious seasonal menu that highlights the local produce. Friendly attentive staff, we had Phill & he just added to our overall enjoyment. View is stunning. Each dish was beautifully presented. We took advantage of the 3 course deal for $80 per person & it was well worth the price.

2  Thank Karen M
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

It’s my first time to visit Melbourne. One of my plan during my Melbourne road trip is going to Mornington area. I wanna see grapes but it’s autumn, I can’t see any. My husband chose the 80AUD for three courses meal & I chose the 105 AUD for three courses With matched wine for each course. The foods are fabulous except the cheesecake. And the three glasses of wine are too much for me. I can’t drink all of them. If I come here again, I won’t order three courses one and order separately is better.

Environment and atsmophere is impressive.

2  Thank Anne T
Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Shouted Mum for her special day for lunch at Max’s. Apart from the stunning view, the food was incredible! Each dish was a work of art and tasted amazing. The staff were friendly with lots of smiles and very informative with great service. Definitely one of my favorite Mornington Peninsula restaurants, we had the best afternoon.

2  Thank Sam H