“Relax, enjoy the view with wine and good food”

Montalto Vineyard & Olive Grove
Ranked #9 of 30 Restaurants in Red Hill
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 December 2016

Visited Montalto as we were stay at Quarters in Flinders (hotel) some 7-8 k away. Had booked the the Restaurant over the phone but as the sun was shining and we saw the piazza with its lovely view we thought better to be outside and were not disappointed.

Reviewed 4 December 2016 via mobile

All I can say is amazing. Had three course dinner with wine. We both loved the food and the views. The prawn entree was amazing and the rib eye was the best I ever had. Thank you Montalto keep up the good work.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

Having previously had a wonderful experience dining at the Montalto restaurant, we decided to go to the Piazza Cafe for lunch expecting a similar experience.

However we were very disappointed especially because of the extremely rude and terrible service! Firstly the supervisor literally threw the menus on the table at us and walked away without any welcoming greetings. After taking our orders, she simply passed the crockery and utensils to us to set the table ourselves. Finally when she was clearing the plates after our lunch, she spilled some sauce onto my friend's blouse. Although she was clearly aware of the spill, she did not bother to apologise until my friend pointed it out to her and she grudgingly muffled a curt apology!!! This supervisor has a terrible attitude in terms of customer service and spoilt what could have been a wonderful experience for us. In hindsight I should have read some of the other reviews on Tripadvisor as it is obvious that other guests have also received the same poor service from this staff member.

As for the food, it was just ok and the prices are quite steep for the quality and taste that you get. I will definitely not be coming back to Montalto any time soon!

You can definitely get much better value and quality food and service from other wineries such as Ten Minutes by Tractor, Paringa Estate, Port Philip Estate, Stillwater at Crittenden, Foxey's Hangout and Polperro Bistro.

3  Thank happiness2011
Reviewed 4 December 2016

We have been to Montalto many times, as a couple and with family groups, but we were slightly worried when we found the restaurant closed on Wednesday (Apparently it re-opens normal hours next week.) However we looked at the menu for the newly-renovated semi-enclosed cafe and decided it was ideal for a quick and simple lunch. I don't normally eat pizza, but the fresh asparagus and quattro formaggi on offer really was irresistable. My partner ordered the slow-cooked shoulder of lamb, which was absolutely tender and delicious, with canellini beans. Along with our food my partner enjoyed a glass of Montalto tempranillo and I had their sparkling wine. This was a perfect lunch and, as usual, the staff were charming and welcoming and the constant flow of visitors browsing and tasting wines in the cellar and enjoying the beautiful grounds very soothing and entertaining.

Reviewed 29 November 2016 via mobile

A nice place to spend time over lunch with a glass of wine
Lovely views and weather friendly casual dining
We just shared yummy pizzas