“Best cafe in Lilydale”

Round Bird Can't Fly
Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Lilydale
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

Stop here for breakfast or lunch if you’re on your way to the Yarra Valley and you won’t be disappointed. Excellent all day breakfast as well as delicious lunch options. They have a vegan menu for both breakfast and lunch and the dishes are always awesome. Great coffee, house made pastries and friendly service. They now stock a range of house made preserves and a range of dairy and small goods as well as local sourdough.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I’m not kidding. My 91 year old father and I came here for morning coffee, which was excellent, and I couldn’t resist the Portuguese Custard Tart, my favourite pastry. So glad I did as I have never tasted a better one in Melbourne. I asked where they sourced them and was surprised to be told that they make them themselves, every morning, along with all the other delicious looking pastries, doughnuts, cakes, slices and cheesecakes. Such a find. After attending the funeral in Mount Evelyn, we returned for more coffee and yes, another tart each. Can’t believe I ate two in one day!

Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

We all enjoyed our meals especially me I had the salmon. Drinks were served fast and service overall was very friendly. Everything was served on beautiful crockery. Not many choices for kids but chips were good. Big open area with high ceilings. Not too loud so could actually talk. Would definately return.

Reviewed 27 November 2017 via mobile

My friends and I came here for brunch. The menu is very limited and not much choice. The drinks menu only offered bottled juice which felt like it took away for the organic feel of the cafe. Staff were nice but seemed like where more interested in talking between themselves then taking orders.
Nice cafe but needs a lot of improvements in regards to service.

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Now this is a different & "scrumptious " brekky. It's "Hoppers Eggs", apparently everyone but me know about "hoppers"!
A brekky served in like a small papperdam ( ' scuse spelling!) in this case with curried chicken, chutney, coconut and poached egg. ( as I write this I think it sounds average but it was super, with a bit of bite) I like this cosy elongated shaped cafe. It's got a cool vibe.