“Don't miss the Tiramisu! ”

Little Black Pig & Sons
Ranked #1 of 75 Restaurants in Heidelberg
Price range: US$16 - US$28
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Weekly produce-driven menus in a chef-led Italian restaurant. Due to our changing menus, please contact us directly for what's on offer this week. All dietary requirements can be catered for.
Reviewed 17 August 2016 via mobile

Yummy food, wine and don't forget to leave room for the Tiramisu!! Great service and perfectly prepared food.

1  Thank sonycocopop

Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

Yummy! Having lived near lygon st for years I love my authentic Italian food. This great place really fits the bill and is a short drive from new digs in box hill. Love it

1  Thank JohnG3121
Reviewed 13 August 2016 via mobile

Great local find using quality produce . Good wine list no byo , they make the pasta fresh , menu changes with the seasons to what's available fresh . Small restaurant so make sure you book as it is very popular with the locals . Modern take italian . Excellent waiters . Will defiantly return .

2  Thank larry h
Reviewed 31 July 2016

My husband and I were lucky enough last night to dine at Little Black Pig and Sons. Very quickly I was wondering how quickly I could get back there.

I had the Antipasto di Verdure: a delightful little cauliflower croquette with some pickled fennel, baked ricotta, olives and a stupendous slow braised artichoke. Before he tasted it my husband said he'd never understood what people saw in artichokes. Now he gets it.

My rolled pork belly was amazing - rolled and stuffed, with crackling all the way around. It was served with a scrumptious slow braised fennel, and silver beet that had been cooked in garlic, anchovies and fennel seeds - every bit as tasty as the pork. The garlic and rosemay potatoes were excellent, but I was unable to do justice to the fennel and blood orange salad because I had already made a wee piglet of myself.

The portions were generous, with heaps of delcious veggies.
How often does one get to rave about the vegetables at the restaurant?

The charming and highly professional maitre'd and wait staff made the experience seamless and friendly.

I'll be back.

Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
3  Thank Rena P
Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We enjoyed a shared plate for entree and then a pasta each. The Italian style was great. Enjoyed wine and pasta match. Good service.

1  Thank Jen-JMelb