“Wonderful food with a lovely lake view”

Stillwater at Crittenden
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Dromana
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Finding a better place for lunch out on a Sunday would be a challenge. Stillwater is hard to beat. Wonderful food overlooking a manicured lake view and rolling green grass.

The restaurant is a little noisier than I would like, but the food hard to fault. A service mistake in which they failed to bring some sides that we ordered was quickly addressed. Our table of eight ordered across the menu and everyone was happy, and a suitable meal ordered for a younger member of the party.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

I enjoyed a meal with close friends today at this lovely venue where we have dined together before. We all decided to order two courses. My friends both ordered the cedar smoked salmon as a main which they both thoroughly enjoyed. One ordered an entree of oysters which got rave reviews and the other had a beautiful mango pannacotta dessert followed by coffee. I chose duck breast followed by a Frangelico affogato and I thoroughly enjoyed my meal. The service was professional, friendly and efficient and they looked after my friends' sons (eight and four) beautifully. We moved out into the sunshine after finishing our meal so the boys could run around on the lawn and climb some trees next to the lake. A really enjoyable experience.

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Last minute booking in the new year and it was a lovely sunny day and the staff and food were second to none. It would be super for a wedding or big "do".

Reviewed 11 April 2017

We were taken to Stillwater for a special lunch with friends from overseas. The surroundings are just fabulous and the meal we enjoyed was wonderful. The staff were attentive and efficient and made the whole experience very memorable. Highly recommended by me to lovers of good food and wonderful countryside.

Reviewed 6 April 2017

We had lunch here with old friends. The meal was superb as was the service. It was beautiful sitting out on the deck overlooking their lake. The really interesting part was having a wine tasting before the meal. We sat at a beautifully presented table with 5 glasses each and after selecting which combination of wines we wanted we were given a sample of all of the wines at once. This was accompanied with tasting notes and a very attentive, but not over-bearing, wine-man. Along with this we also got a bonus sample of another wine, a specialty of theirs (sorry, can't remember the name but it was tasty & I had another glass with my lunch). I was really impressed with this arrangement. Later on we went to another winery where we spoke with a man who was getting a bit cross because he had waited 15 mins for a second taste. That couldn't happen at Crittenden. Great, I really recommend.

1  Thank Dawn L