Rydges Parramatta
Great 4.5/5
Great 4.5/5
SKYE Hotel Suites(Parramatta)
  • Pool
All reviewsindoor poolroom servicebuffet breakfasteaster showrosehill racecourseacross the roadplenty of parkingshuttle buswould stay againundercover parkingreception staffroad noisemini baran upgradeshort stayrosehill train stationolympic park
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My husband and I stayed here as we were going to a concert at Olympic Park.

The rooms are spacious and clean. Mini bar is well stocked and the amenities are good quality.

The king bed was very comfortable and clean. Pillows were a little too soft or hard but that’s probably more due to personal taste. You can’t please everyone.

We had breakfast on site. I enjoyed the scramble egg and had a fresh omelette made. Both very yummy.

Reception staff were very pleasant and easy to deal with.

There is also a shuttle bus that drops off and picks up to and from Olympic Park that was so convenient.

Very happy with our stay and will return.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
Melissa D, Manager at Rydges Parramatta, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi Ezzzay,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Rang asked about show special told because it was the week end they would call me back and didn’t... stupidly I called back, told too hard not enough notice for show special but don’t worry cab would be 20 dollars.. cab was 40 one way.. staff in the bar down stairs so stressed from being the ONLY staff member on a busy night, didn’t might telling me how annoyed he was... the room was so noisey didn’t matter what I did I couldn’t get rid of the sound of traffic. Front desk where not helpful, I’ll fitting uniforms and frankly over priced..
I would not stay here again by choice. Next year for the show I’ll stay at the Novotel next to the show. The deal Rydges “claimed” to have given me, wasn’t honoured when we got here as the three times I rang for confirmation email was never sent so no breakfast included ... really Sydney overall since arriving has proved not to be hospitable and the Aussie tourist dollar better spent rurally ....I love to give positive feed back as much as possible , on this stay ... not a hope.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louise T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Have stayed here a few times and finally decided to write a review. From the exterior it looks relatively new and modern. The entry, foyer and reception are clean and inviting. The staff are attentive and welcoming. As you proceed further into the complex, it's age begins to show. The recent renovations and upgrades have helped somewhat, but when you compare some of the other offerings in the area, the Mercure is punching above its weight.
The biggest issue with ALL of the hotels along James Ruse Drive is the noise. The traffic generates noise till about 12 and begins again around 5 in the morning a the heavy trucks use their air brakes to descend the road towards the motorway. The windows in the room are porous and single-glazed, allowing most of the noise to come straight into the room.
On my last stay, I was issued a free drink voucher. I still have this voucher as each evening, around 9 pm, I made my way down to the various bars and cafes, but on each occasion I waited in excess of 20 minutes for anyone to serve, but gave up and went to bed instead.
One evening I even tried to use the gym, but as the belt on the treadmill kept slipping, I considered that my safety was more important than a workout. The machinery is old and poorly maintained. There are no towels, no disinfectant spray, and no drinking water available. Any half decent fitness fanatic would steer well clear of this "gym". The gym is located right next to the indoor pool and the whole area is kept at a toasty warm humid temperature, which is horrible as you try to train. There is also a deposit of $20 for pool towels , which need to be obtained from reception.
If you don't want to eat in the restaurants at the hotel, you have several options across the road including KFC, Macdonalds, Subway, a supermarket and other eateries.

Room Tip: A room away from James Ruse Drive.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Firstly we were at this property because we were attending the Golden Slipper at Rosehill Racecourse. And I can't imagine a property more perfectly positioned if you going to the races at Rosehill.

On early arrival around 12 we were pleasantly greeted and able to check in to our room early. Fantastic as even though we had had an early start from Brisbane we were delayed boarding, leaving the tarmac, and getting through some unusually heavy (even for Sydney) traffic. Our room on the 2nd floor had a king bed, seating area, lovely Sanctum amenities, and windows that opened!! Now for lunch, we started to have a look around at the various eating areas at the hotel but were "shooed" away as it seems there was a conference on, taking up the cafe, restaurant and two bars. Downstairs though was a hotel/TAB/Beer garden arrangement which had friendly service and decent pub grub. Dinner was had at Steeds I will review separately. We had a pleasant sleep on a comfortable bed with two different types of pillows depending on your taste. The next day was our big day at the races so we thought we would opt for a buffet breakfast and we weren't sorry we did. Omelettes made to order in front of you like you'd get at any rgood 5 star buffet, crispy bacon, scrambled eggs, crispy hash browns (hard to do on a buffet) waffles, fresh fruit, nice yogurt pots, good tea (sorry don't drink coffee so can't review) the only let down was that the good selection of fruit juice came out of Berri plastic bottles from the supermarket.

Everything else was as expected except if you do stay Golden Slipper weekend, expect it to be noisy. They hold a post race party with a (albeit great) live band, until around midnight. I must say we were quite taken aback to arrive back at the hotel to find a strong police presence.

The only real snafu was that, as my husband was checking out they tried to charge us for an upgrade that we didnt ask for. My reaction was "that was an upgrade?" I guess there would be some rooms with a queen bed and no extra seating. But we were certainly not made aware of it on check in. It was no bother though and of course we weren't charged in the finish but just disconcerting.

All in all we had a lovely stay. It's not a 5 star luxury romantic getaway but we would definitely rebook next time we go to Rosehill.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Hi Kerry C,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.

We were pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and your Golden Slipper experience.

The hotel does utilise security and paid police services after such a busy raceday at Rosehill Gardens to ensure the safety of our guests and to assist with managing the increased pedestrian traffic through our carpark and neighbouring streets.

I do apologise for the confusion surrounding the upgrade charge but am pleased to hear the staff on the desk were able to rectify it for you at the time of checkout.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel was the perfect fit for my daughters and I. Love that there is a double basin in the bathroom for 3 females to get ready in! Also love the shuttle bus service to and from Olympic Park!

This was my 3rd visit. I won’t be my last. :)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Hi Lelag4,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay.

We are glad you and your friends enjoyed your stay for Bruno Mars and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards