“Pleasant hotel needs a bit of TLC”

The Castle Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 17 Restaurants in Llandovery
Cuisines: Welsh
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2018

Stayed for second time. Ok for 1 night. Very noisy by main road. Bed big and comfy but very squeaky. Floor boards awful poor people in room below. Tripped up on step in bathroom every time and stairs up to room lethal as light does nott come on until first steps by which time you trip. Saying that breakfast staff and food excellent local produce and great service. Not great welcome or farewell. Not a patch on sister hotel Peterstone Court.

Reviewed 29 April 2018

Had a 2 night stay and decided to have dinner on the first night in the restaurant. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed our meals, my burger was top notch and my partner rated her meal highly

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here on a Groupon and were very lucky with the weather. Not a lot to do in the town in bad weather I would guess. Given a friendly welcome and managed to fit into the car park - always able to do so but often the last space. Room on top floor, 5, was large and comfortable with a six foot bed and modernised bathroom. Pity the walls and ceiling were painted mustard yellow though, white would have been so much brighter. We worried about traffic noise from the A40 below but ok during the night though more lorries from after 5.00am. Not too bad. Wifi worked well and TV was good.
Used the restaurant on the first night. If you paid £20 they gave you a credit of £25. Also a free glass of wine with the Groupon deal. Meal was good and a large portion, could barely finish my half chicken piripiri. Breakfast was also good, the full Welsh was generous though I found the rarebit a bit over seasoned for my taste. The yoghurt with fruit was only there the first morning but was lovely.
I was impressed that they called us the following day to ask if earrings found in the room were my wife’s. They posted them to us by return- good service.
Llandovery is a bit far for us to go but we enjoyed the two days and the Castle was a good place to stay.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Really lovely food and good service with separate children’s meal options. Will definitely return. Good value too.

Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

My fiancé and I stopped here for dinner while staying at the nearby Erwlon Campsite.
Evening meals are served from 6:30pm and the menu offers a nice selection of pub classics.
Our starters were okay, maybe a bit over priced for what you get. The mains were delicious and great value for money! I opted for the pie of the day which was steak and came with a serving of beef dripping chips, peas and gravy - beautiful!
The service was fantastic and there was a lovely cosy atmosphere.