“Had a blast”

Downtown Memphis Beale Street Walking Tour
Ranked #34 of 163 things to do in Memphis
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Renovation and renewal have come to this historic street known as the "Home of the Blues." Flashy music clubs and restaurants abound.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

What a welcoming city. I love Memphis. My wife and I had a wonderful two day experience. We had good food, good drink and good vibes. The music was great. The prices reasonable and the people were very friendly. Can’t wait to come back. The Beale is now one of my favorite streets.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,933)
All reviews
"police presence"
in 226 reviews
"bb kings"
in 316 reviews
"bourbon street in new orleans"
in 98 reviews
in 142 reviews
"walk around"
in 72 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

There was a time that Beale Street was run down and in danger of being lost for future generations. It is re-born and thriving. Lots of bars and places to eat - well worth a visit

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Music, music and more music playing everywhere. Friendly people. Great good. Souvenir shops. BB Kings had great food and Blues Music and we were able to sit upstairs and have dinner and hear the bands with our 13 year old daughter. She loved the experience.
We felt safe with our teen. There are some really unique shops. One had piano and guitar toilet seats LOL. Fun times on Beale Street!

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Loved visiting the pubs along here. Very old kind of street it’s like going back in time the pubs are old but not run down. Great music In a few bars. Definitely worth the visit for drinks and live music.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Being from Louisiana I have always heard that Beale Street was like Bourbon Street in New Orleans...but cleaner. Well I can assure you that it is NOTHING like Bourbon Street, but it is still and nice place to take a walk, have a few drinks, and hear some great music. My favorite spot was Club Handy, there was a great band and I stayed until they closed. I would have to say there is a terrible problem with homeless people in Memphis, and at night they stay close to Beale and ask you for money at every chance, so be ready for that. I must admit that Beale was not what I expected, I thought it would be more, but I had a fun evening and will remember it forever.

1  Thank Us4cityfolks

Been to Beale Street? Share your experiences!