“Well worth the visit”

Loch Fyne Oyster Bar Cairndow
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Clachan
Cuisines: Seafood, Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We pass here every year on our way to Saddell, always stop for a break and a look around the shop, this year we decided to have our lunch here and we were not disappointed.
Between the 6 of us we all had different meals, everything was fresh and tasted great, the service was fast, efficient and the staff very welcoming and informative.
It was a little bit pricey but then you get what you pay for, we all enjoyed the food.
The shop is well stocked, we bought some Mussels and Oysters which were bagged in freezer bags with ice.
Having now tried the restaurant we will probably eat here again mext year when passing.
A lovely experience.

2  Thank Kenny H
Write a ReviewReviews (1,394)

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We booked the restaurant for a special occasion and were not disappointed. The food was excellent and the service equally good.
Linda, our waitress was very welcoming and friendly. We spent a most memorable afternoon in a location setting.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We decided to stop off as its been a long time since we visited. I soon realised there have been a lot of (positive) changes e.g. people eating in the deli, an oyster bar etc. I approached the desk and asked about the informal area between the deli and main restaurant. The person (maybe Daniel) made me feel I should know it's where people can just have a starter :( As he pointed out there was no space there anyway. I left to find my husband and we decided to have lunch in the restaurant anyway. The two ladies who helped us were delightful and the food was very good. The bill was over £40. We had haddock and chips, seafood linguine and a glass of wine. Bread, butter and tap water were all provided. It's a lovely location and the deli is very interesting. I love oysters but my husband doesn't as I would loved to have sat at the oyster bar. We visited the shop next door which I always enjoy. There is a very good garden centre too.

2  Thank JaneMB
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Loved it. Welcoming. Relaxed. Very Kiwi feel about it. Jakes first oyster experience and he loved them. Glass of sauv blanc and bowl of mussels to share. Lovely birthday treat. 6 oysters glass of wine a beer and soft drink and a bowl of mussels to share £28 total ...Sunshine view over the loch. .priceless

Reviewed 25 March 2018

This is a very lovely restaurant, beside Loch Fyne and surrounded by the mountains.Ambience inside, very good indeed, very attractive set up and decor. My husband's 8 scallops (main course) were particularly good, cooked in garlic and parsley butter.Nicely served in half shells.Might go for that next time.
My cod was nice, not wow.Could have done with a sauce of some kind I thought. Great chips with aioli! Treacle tart pudding was a deep sponge like pudding but home made and REALLY tasty.
All in all, we'll be back.