“Disappointed 👎🏻”

Ranked #2 of 2 Dessert in Bathgate
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cafe/restaurant
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This cafe is advertised as ‘dog friendly’ so I decided to go along with my two pups whilst my daughter attended their cupcake making class. When we arrived there was a big dog poo on the carpet outside the toilets, none of the staff seemed to have noticed. Shortly after I went inside one of my pups (embarrassingly) done a wee on the floor, I informed the waitress and she cleaned it, didn’t seem to be a big deal. About 10 minutes later the chef came over to my table and asked me to leave with my dogs because one of them wee’d on the carpet. I didn’t even get to finish the coffee I’d ordered. I waited outside for two hours for my daughter to finish the cupcake class whilst it was snowing heavily. At the end when my daughter went to pay for her class they had the cheek to charge for the coffee I didn’t get to finish! Any other dog friendly cafes I’ve been to have a mop on hand as accidents are expected to happen now and then. Obviously it’s not nice having wee on the floor but they shouldn’t advertise as dog friendly if they can’t deal with the odd accident. My dogs are both puppies, a 10 month old dachshund and a 4 month old miniature dachshund. Their behaviour was great other than the pee! Would NOT recommend taking your dog to this cafe. I won’t be back.

2  Thank s_8719

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Took kids for cup cake making class which they thoroughly enjoyed - was well worth the £ and included lunch and a drink !
We stayed for lunch where a discount was applied because kids were booked into class - bonus !!
Lunch was amazing (I had the fish & chips) ...
We were served by Fawn and Jackie who were lovely - nothing was a bother and they were chatting away !!
The kitchen staff Jade and Robbie were amazing too ...
Alicia who ran the class was fabulous with the kids .
We r one happy family on this snowy/rainy/rotten day and will definitely b back v soon !!!

1  Thank Robert C
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This is the second time I have been and will never return.. the food was good but the service was atrocious. Given menus only to wait and wait.. the staff lacked social graces, never saw a smile once ,no eye contact, or pleasantries, ordered coffee and cakes, cakes didn’t come.Watched people being seated and the forgotten about. One couple sat for almost a full hour then left!! I did bring this to the attention of the staff!!! Place wasn’t overly busy but there did not appear to be anyone in over all charge as one would expect. Dry disappointing

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were given a warm welcome on entering. We were served by the lovely Fawn and Teigan, very pleasant girls who looked after us well.
The breakfast was delicious. It is not our first visit, not had any complaints about anything. Food is always fresh made, if you are in a hurry this is not the place for you. Personally love the fact you can enjoy your drink of choice and relax before your food comes.
Was disappointed to learn that a long standing member of staff has left, she was always extremely helpful and we think she was an asset to the business .

1  Thank Angela I
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The restaurant is in a nice quiet location. We had the shared platter for 2 which I would highly recommend. The the food was lovely and we were served by Chloe & Debbie who were professional and friendly.
Delicious cupcakes too, will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Wendy J