“Good food, not great service ”
Review of Sea Breezes

Sea Breezes
Ranked #2 of 39 Restaurants in Portree
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food here is very good, with a range of fresh and seasonal offerings. The langoustines are particularly good, as is the Cullen Skink.

The service is not so great. We had to ask for our drinks twice and also soup spoons for our soup. Granted it was busy, but it's not a big place.

I would go back and recommend Sea Breezes, but the services was a bit of a let down.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,216)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The platter for two person is soo delicious. It really worth to visit portree. But don't forget to take a reservation!!!

Reviewed February 5, 2018

We have been in Portree in October. Our visit in Sea Breezers was great! We chose seafood platter for 2 and it was fresh and tasty, everything was well prepered. Mules stole my heart. Atmosphere are great, friendly and helpful service. One advice for owners: the interior needs more decors on tables, walls and windowsills to make this place cosy and more friendly, now it look quite cold. Highly recommend!

Reviewed December 31, 2017

My experience of this restaurant has always stayed with me, even though it was a few years back. Firstly I would say how good the food was, however this is where it ends. I walked in and asked for a table, and was told I could be accommodated in an hour's time. Fair enough, I duly returned. This is when the service issues began. There were only 2 other people in the restaurant so the waitress was hardly rushed off her feet. I asked for a finger bowl as eating shell food is messy. This never came, however the waitress had time to make her mate, who had just walked in off the street, a mug of tea, and had time to sit down and join her for a good old chinwag (at this point it felt more like a working man's cafe than a restaurant). When I completed the main course I wasn't offered dessert or coffee, I got the impression that the waitress wanted to knock off and get rid of me. Like another poster, I felt an air of contempt for me as I was dining alone. I don't know if this restaurant has recognised it's failings in service, I hope it has, as the food I had was very good. The waitress in question I assume has moved on to something more suitable, like a life on benefits.

4  Thank bjo99
Reviewed December 2, 2017 via mobile

This place was so good that we had to go back! The salmon with seafood risotto was divine and my husband loved his seafood platter. Make sure to make a reservation, this place fills up quick.