“Good with allergies but forgot the scallops in the scallop risotto ”

Cuchullin Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 41 Restaurants in Portree
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My friends and I were staying at the Portree hotel and we tried here for dinner on a Friday evening. I have a number of allergies and they accommodated these very well by making the dishes fresh without the ingredients I was allergic too. I had the scallop risotto as did someone else who was dining with us. When it arrived we could not find the scallops when queried it became apparent that they had forgot to include the scallops. They did make some fresh scallops for us and they food was very tasty however it was a bit of an oversight not to include scallops in a scallop risotto. One of our other friends had the seafood platter and was very happy with it and my husband enjoyed the fish and chips.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We feasted on the seafood platter for two- it was all freshly caught right in town. A wonderful meal and large portion. At first, our waiter was a bit frosty towards us. I had to request water 3 times before he brought it. But then he truly warmed up to us (maybe he was having a bad moment when we first sat down) and he was very polite and efficient. I would recommend this place if you are lucky to be in beautiful Portree.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Really good food, really friendly service, very busy over dinner. The only downside was the price. But considering how soft and well cooked the lamb was, it was worth every single penny. I usually don't appreciate lamb but theirs was absolutely amazing!!

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Three of us arrived here today- Easter Monday-for lunch;
Two of us had the fish n chips- perfect for a munch.
One of us had scallops- a very small portion for sure.
We know that scallops are pricey-so not the greatest lure.
The waiter could have been more welcoming- just "Sit over There" he said.
We all wandered in- full of trepidation-but found a table -soon to be fed.
It's a pity that, though efficient, his manner varied from table to table;
I say this as we had no explanation of the menu- though, obviously, he would have been able.

1  Thank Morag S
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Pleasant and comfortable restaurant. A cauliflower and blue cheese soup was OK but rock hard butter for the bread is not friendly. A fish soup would have been better with vegetables that were only just on the other side of being under cooked.The high point was the chips served with fish that would have been improved with better draining of the oil it was cooked in; the salad from a bag of leaves from the local supermarket did not add anything to my meal. My partner and I cannot remember what she had. The whisk, honey and oat ice cream was pleasant enough but notable only for the surprise of strawberry folded into it.

A memorable meal only for the cost.