“Schoolboy errors!”

Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Very limited menu. Very poor service. Starters being missed or arriving with at the same time as mains. My sons dish had run out but only advised of this when the mains came out! Fish was heavily soaked in oil and the chips under fine. Way too expensive for something so basic

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (1,651)

Reviewed 10 May 2021 via mobile

I stopped here for lunch on returning from Skye.Nice pub with good food.Staff are very friendly. I had their fish and chips. My god,the fish was like a whale.I ate it all though because it was gorgeous white fish in a nice bubbly batter.Definately set me up for the day ahead.
Pop in if your up that way.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 31 March 2021 via mobile

I loved The Lock In !!

My boyfriend and I were only here for four nights, and actually ended up eating here every night, as it was the best for vegetarian options in the area ( I am vegetarian my boyfriends not).

We had dinner and drinks every night and found the staff to be very helpful and friendly.

Date of visit: September 2020
1  Thank poppyseed808
Reviewed 24 November 2020 via mobile

Although the food was very nice and staff friendly we felt the food was over priced for what is essentially pub food!!

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

We stopped off here for dinner with our dog as as were staying in the area. The pub kindly took a booking for us earlier that day and we were served by a pleasant and friendly member of staff when we arrived. Nothing was too much trouble and we were shown to our seat straight away. Food was excellent & home cooked taste. There was free Wi-fi available & payment was taken by card machine. Excellent :)

Date of visit: November 2020