1,166 results
All reviews tribute night club room harry's bar carvery restaurant leisure facilities glasgow airport buffet style dance floor great night waiting staff hen night family room soup great value for money food was lovely stayed here for one night an overnight stay
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A well located hotel with easy access to Glasgow. Not surrounded by a welter of tourist distractions but our objective was to find a well-placed, less expensive base with a good range of resources. The hotel certainly benefits from the swimming pool and leisure centre, both of which seem (very) underused. Breakfast was good and plentiful and the evening meal fine, though we did suffer from forgotten and incomplete orders on one occasion. The staff were friendly but there was an air of ennui hanging around the place. There was a lack of vibrancy and spark, a sense that there needed to be a greater sense of belief in the enterprise.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Tom S, Manager at The Glynhill Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for you review after your recent stay with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and made the most of our Leisure facilities, apologies for your forgotten or incomplete restaurant order.

Our staff are indeed a friendly bunch, we try our utmost to create a warm and welcoming ambient atmosphere throughout the hotel, we will continue to work on that.

Thank you for your review and we look forward in welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

But inside a different story..some reviewers mention about endless corridors and bits added on to this building..well they're absolutely right. It's a maze with of corridors up and down cascading around the older and newer parts, reminded me of one motel stacked upon another..it can be pretty noisy as large groups use this hotel due to the vicinity of airports etc. My only request was for a quiet high level room, I received neither and in its place I received an unserviced room which was addressed quickly for another equally unsatisfactory room which was Very warm with very little ventilation, as no air conditioning available, with an external fridge buzzing away all night, along with a garbage compactor that springs into life. I Suggest avoiding room facing to the rear (around nos 130 - 136). A further night was spent in a better room to the front high level which was much quieter and cooler. Downside to this property is the breakfast room can be over taken by group stays, and it felt like the servery had been raided by locust as cereals were spewn around the table and surrounding floor area, no fruit was available and the hot servery had diminished..plus many tables were left uncleared, leaving me feeling like there isn't enough staff to cope when these groups stay. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to make use of the leisure facilities,

2  Thank STR1

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to hear that we were unable to furnish your room request during the first evening of your stay, I am glad our staff were able to accommodate you in a higher floor room on the second day of your stay.

The hotel can get busy with groups at certain times of the morning, apologies if you found yourself having breakfast just after a number of groups before our hot and cold buffets could be replenished, the standard of breakfast is normally very high indeed as you will note on previous reviews.

Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope we can welcome you back with us soon.

Reviewed 26 August 2018 via mobile

We were here last weekend for a friends wedding. The hotel is beautiful. The staff were all very friendly, and great with our toddler. The wedding meal was lovely,and tbe staff were happy enough to accommodate slight changes to the food (such as no sauce with the meal). The atmosphere was brilliant and we all had a great night. There was plenty of parking too.

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after attending a recent wedding with us.

I am glad you enjoyed your meal, our team are very accustomed to changes in the menu at the last minute and can easily accommodate requests.

We really appreciate your kind comments, a lot of effort goes into every event we host, in particular weddings. I sincerely hope we can welcome you back with us again soon for your next celebration our getaway.

Reviewed 24 August 2018 via mobile

We stayed recently stayed for one night before we flew to Turkey from Glasgow and a short rest stay upon our return. I have to say this is one of the very best examples of how true hospitality should be and every single member of staff from arrival to departure from reception to the nights team could not do enough for me and my family!

We are lucky enough to meet the proprietor Maroulla who was in my opinion one of the most sincere and kindest hoteliers I’ve come across and her and her team are as good as you will find.

The food was fantastic at Dinner and Breakfast.The rooms were immaculate,spacious,well laid out and lovely amenities and little touches.

The location is perfect for the airport,Glasgow city centre and to use as a base to see the beautiful countryside and just 20 minutes from Loch Lomand.

We have never been to Glasgow before but now cannot wait to return and stay here and see more of this beautiful part of Scotland.

Maroulla from me and my family we say a huge thank you for all you and your staff did for us and we will come again soon

Whether it’s 4 star 5 star or Red Star in non AA affiliated your looking for go and see what true hospitality is and if your a couple family or group of friends this Hotel has it it all

Many thanks Ben and Family

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your lovely review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and met with our proprietor during your stay. Our customers are always at the forefront of what we do at the hotel, this has been passed down through our many years in business.

Our staff at the hotel do a great job in ensuring our guests are well looked after, from check in to housekeeping they really do a great job.

We will pass your kind comments onto Maroulla who will be delighted you enjoyed your stay with us so much.

We look forward in welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Very handy for airport and Braehead, although is on a very busy road with parking but limited if hotel busy.
Small but lovely modern room,great breakfast, didnt try pool as was at a function, but seemed very good

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us, especially our breakfast. Our Leisure facilities have a pool, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and gym which are complimentary for any guest staying in the hotel.

We look forward to welcoming you back.