“Nice cafe”

Ranked #21 of 49 Restaurants in Largs
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We popped into the Green Shutters on an afternoon visit to Largs as it is fairly central and right on the sea front close to the ferry terminal. We were greeted by a very cheerful waiter who showed us to a table and took our order. The cafe is quite small and the tables are fairly close together but we had enough room for our visit. We only had tea and cakes but the service was very quick and friendly. The Green Shutters is a fairly typical seaside café but does look out onto the sea and has external tables and chairs that are sheltered from the breeze by glass screens.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Always friendly when I go in and can’t do enough for you, staff are always smiling and pleasant, the view is perfect and always cosy

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The food is always hot but not that nice too eat these days. The place looks tired these days and not that tidy. The staff are nice and friendly and they welcome pets provided you can keep them under control which is fair. I recently became ill while eating at the Green Shutter and was rushed to hospital and the staff were great and helpful. They came to my aid and did their best for me. Becoming ill had nothing to do with food at green shutter it was a heart problem. It welcome families and has a varied menu for adults and children. It is still value for money and I would say you could eat there if your just looking for the run of the mill type food.

Reviewed February 4, 2018 via mobile

It was our first visit to green shutters and we chose it because it was dog friendly. Staff were very friendly and helpful, the food was delicious and our cockapoo, Cass was made to feel very welcome. We will defo be back.

Reviewed December 15, 2017 via mobile

Had the cheese burger with chips and salad, probably the best I've Had!!! Along with the friendly helpful staff I had a very enjoyable experience, Thank you