“My wife had the curried monkfish and it was too salty.”

Gillies Bar & Grill
Ranked #10 of 162 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

The rest of out meals were delicious and staff accepted the error and refunded us the cost of the spoilt meal.

CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Bar + Grill at Gillies.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all of your meals and please accept my apologies that you found the monkfish curry to be too salty. I will be sure to raise this issue with the chef again to ensure this is monitored.

I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Bar + Grill at Gillies in the near future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Great welcome and extensive menu. Staff too impersonal and robotic. No chat or informal pleasantries.

Dear creaney65,

I am delighted to read that the team were welcoming and the you found the menu to be extensive. I am disappointed you found the staff to be impersonal. I will be sure to raise your concerns at our next staff briefing.

Thank you for highlighting an area where improvement may be found.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We had the meal x2 included in our stay. Starters Camembert & fish cakes. Mains Fried chilli squid & Mongfish curry. Dessert Lemon Posset & coconut Mousse ...all to die for cannot fault plus a bottle of house Rose....if you are staying go for the package..worth the money. Staff very attentive.

1  Thank McIlwaine
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear McIlwaine,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal with us during your overnight stay at the Resort. I am also pleased that you found the meal to be good value for money and that the staff were very attentive. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Can feel a bit rushed at times but if you're happy to retire to the bar after your meal and can find a seat it's perfect. Food is great and reasonably priced. Book a table for early evening

Dear Paula K,

I am delighted to read that you found the food to be great and good value for money. I am also pleased to read that you enjoy visiting Gillies Bar to enjoy our live entertainment seven nights per week!

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Had our evening meal and breakfast here. Service and food are both to the highest standard. Bang bang chicken is a must.

CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Claire M,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed both your breakfast and dinner in Gillies and you found the food and service to be of the highest standard. I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to the team.