“My wife had the curried monkfish and it was too salty.”

Gillies Bar & Grill
Ranked #8 of 159 Restaurants in Ballymena
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The rest of out meals were delicious and staff accepted the error and refunded us the cost of the spoilt meal.

CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Andy B,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent visit to the Bar + Grill at Gillies.

I am delighted that you enjoyed all of your meals and please accept my apologies that you found the monkfish curry to be too salty. I will be sure to raise this issue with the chef again to ensure this is monitored.

I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Bar + Grill at Gillies in the near future.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great welcome and extensive menu. Staff too impersonal and robotic. No chat or informal pleasantries.

Dear creaney65,

I am delighted to read that the team were welcoming and the you found the menu to be extensive. I am disappointed you found the staff to be impersonal. I will be sure to raise your concerns at our next staff briefing.

Thank you for highlighting an area where improvement may be found.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had the meal x2 included in our stay. Starters Camembert & fish cakes. Mains Fried chilli squid & Mongfish curry. Dessert Lemon Posset & coconut Mousse ...all to die for cannot fault plus a bottle of house Rose....if you are staying go for the package..worth the money. Staff very attentive.

1  Thank McIlwaine
CRobbGalgorm, Manager at Gillies Bar & Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear McIlwaine,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your meal with us during your overnight stay at the Resort. I am also pleased that you found the meal to be good value for money and that the staff were very attentive. I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the team.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Can feel a bit rushed at times but if you're happy to retire to the bar after your meal and can find a seat it's perfect. Food is great and reasonably priced. Book a table for early evening

Dear Paula K,

I am delighted to read that you found the food to be great and good value for money. I am also pleased to read that you enjoy visiting Gillies Bar to enjoy our live entertainment seven nights per week!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had our evening meal and breakfast here. Service and food are both to the highest standard. Bang bang chicken is a must.

Dear Claire M,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed both your breakfast and dinner in Gillies and you found the food and service to be of the highest standard. I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback to the team.