All reviewsthe pubresident dogcharming townmeals orderedlocation was perfecttown squarefriendly local pubnice roomvery comfortable staylovely little villagegreat place to stayreceived a very warm welcomeate hereweekend breakwell worth a visitboth nightsold friends
Reviewed 4 April 2018

This is a very cosy traditional pub with welcoming staff. There is a lovely wood burning stove which was definitely needed on a very wet Easter Saturday. They offer traditional and well cooked food. The owners dog had to vacate its favourite seat by the fire so we could sit down and a lot of locals had dogs too. May not be the place for you if you don't like dogs around you whilst you are eating. The food was delicious and well presented.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Fran_Davey, Public Relations Manager at Ring O'Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

I am really pleased you enjoyed your short stay and tolerated the very doggie atmosphere. Willow now has to wear a bandana saying please do not feed me in the hope that she may be forgiven for taking the best seat by the fire.

So very pleased you enjoyed your meal with us. It is always pleasing for the kitchen staff to know they too are appreciated. Willow promises to wear her bandana saying please do not feed me and hopefully she will learn some better manners.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped here en route for Cornwall. Traditional pub with wood burner & beautiful curved bar. Very friendly staff behind the bar & lovely chef - even though we only ordered baguettes. Our lunch was delicious, and the hot meals ordered by another table looked fab! Good local beer as well

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 26 February 2018

Though we live in Devon this was our first visit to this lovely old inn! Our Sunday lunch was excellent and the staff were very welcoming, very pleasant and attentive without being obtrusive! We will definitely go again!

Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
Fran_Davey, Owner at Ring O'Bells, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

We are so pleased you enjoyed your lunch with us on Sunday. It was such a lovely sunny day I am sure it helped us all to look after our guests and when we are busy it becomes a real challenge to send every one home feeling as happy as we were looking after you. We shall look forward to seeing you again in the Spring which is only just around the corner despite the forecast for heavy snow on Thursday.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Chagford is sweet little town in beautiful Dartmoor. Ring O’ Bells provided a terrific base of operations. Location, accommodations, food, and staff were all great, and I really enjoyed the cozy pub. I got to meet friendly local folks (and their friendly dogs).

Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 18 February 2018

Dating back to the 16th century, the Ring O'Bells is a great inn. After a tiring drive parked in the adjacent square and made my way into the very welcoming atmosphere of a village pub. The staff were delighted to see me and helped me up to my room. Room '4' is a large double room with en suite bath/shower - all smart and modern with plenty of storage (double wardrobe, chest of drawers etc), TV and wi-fi. I settled in before making my way downstairs to the bar where the clientele made me very welcome. The bar, though small, had an excellent range of beers and show-cased a range of good whiskeys and gins. I had a good evening meal and drink in a convivial atmosphere.
The next day, after a very wholesome breakfast I was off visiting old friends and locations - but returned in the late evening for a drink in good company.
I was sad to leave - but needs must. Thank you to all ho made it an excellent stay.

Room Tip: Room 4 overlooks the square to the front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo