Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews evening meal log fire bar area wedding venue lovely room lovely place stayed for two nights comfy bed full english from start to finish wedding reception wedding breakfast keith dartmoor edge countryside
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 August 2021

Someone on Facebook asked for recommendations for Wedding Venues and This Hotel and its Staff were highly recommended with good reason, We have popped out so many times during our Wedding journey to check this or that, finalise things etc and every single time we have been been treated extremely well, The staff take on your wedding as theirs and advise you and guide you so that you will have THE best experience possible absolutely nothing is too much trouble or bothersome, The Venue is gorgeous, set amongst some amazing scenery, The rooms are more than ample and have lovely character in fitting with the style of the premises, The food...Oh my goodness the food! what can I say, fabulous portions of beautifully presented and cooked to perfection the service has been second to non from cleaners to management, special mention to young man behind the bar, you young man are an asset to any company and I hope I get to see you in your Parliamentary dream sooner rather than later, Keith and Carol made My son and Daughter in laws wedding the absolute best,Love the fact that the whole hotel is exclusively for the Wedding Party and their Guests, not one complaint or negative from us or any of our guests.I highly recommend any negative reviews to be ignore and for you to go out and see for yourself, you will not be disappointed, we most certainly have not been Thank you to Keith Carol and Team we shall see you again x

Room tip: Pick a Garden view Room if possible
Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 8 August 2021

We're just back from our sons and new daughter-in-law wedding, I can't speak highly enough of the venue and all of the staff at lavender house, especially owner Keith who goes out of his way to make sure everyone has a great time. From arriving there on Friday till our goodbyes on Sunday morning they could not have been more helpful and made the weekend really special for all concerned. The venue itself is so well suited for weddings and their organisational skills of the way they use their facilities are 2nd to none. Keith adds his own touches to various parts of the ceremony and to the whole day which paid a big part in making it special. It's a weekend we will rnever forget and the venue will play a major part in those memories, I would have no hesitation in recommending any couple to use this for their wedding venue, you will not be disappointed

Date of stay: August 2021
Reviewed 30 July 2021

I have to say I was so looking forward to our stay here for our anniversary, the website photos and video looked stunning, BUT I’m not sure when they were taken? Maybe the day it was opened? Well it doesn’t look like that now!
The minute we arrived in the car park and saw the shabby front of the hotel I knew it was going to be disappointing.
We arrived just after check in time, where the owner and a cleaner were chatting (with hands over mouth as didn’t have masks on) she directed a young girl to check us in as she was obviously to busy to welcome us, we instantly felt as if we were imposing.
The young girl checked us in and pointed to the top of the stairs to where we would find our room, no information on what was where etc in the hotel.
First impressions of our room (the lavender suite) it was very pretty, UNTIL we looked closer, you will see from my photos how awful it is, it was dusty, dirty, dated and down right awful, the four poster bed is falling apart, there were stains behind the sofa, burn marks on the window sills, a plant pot full of cigarette buts, a crack in the bath, the tea and coffee had been put in a seal bag due to COVID, but they had clearly re used the bag several times as it had milk residue all over it, the curtains were not attached properly and the dressing gowns had yellow stains on them, the worst though was the yellow stained pillows for the bed, this was my last straw so I decided to complain, BIG mistake, the owners did not like that! They young girl was very apologetic on behalf of the owner Carol I believe, when I pointed out the other errors she said she would get Carol to speak to me, well Carol was obviously to busy as she sent the young girl up and said “Carol said she understands and your welcome to leave if you wish” I couldn’t believe it, a simple apology and what can I do to put things right would have helped, if it hadn’t been for the 5 hour drive and the fact everywhere else had been booked up I would have left.
But we stayed and tried to make the best of it, unfortunately we were not made to feel welcome both owners stared at us every time we passed, they actually live in the room next to the lavender suit (bridal suit) so you hear the door banging all day, that and the parrot they have in there that sounds like a car alarm !!!
I tried to make the most of our weekend, we ate out elsewhere and visited lots of attractions to avoid being in the hotel, but all in all, this hotel and there actions ruined what was supposed to be a romantic weekend away, please don’t think I’m being harsh, I’ve left it a few weeks before writing so I’d calmed down, the photos speak for themselves!
(It would only let me upload 10 photos but I took 20 of the damage and dirt)

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2021 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights with a voucher we had been given Christmas 2019 . So glad we chose this Hotel fabulous find. We will definitely come back .
First evening we sat outside overlooking gardens with lovely glass of chilled white wine we then had a meal in the restaurant the fillet steak was cooked to perfection. The atmosphere in the hotel is charming with plenty of character much like the owners.
The following day went to Buckfast Abbey & Walk along River Dart all within a few miles of the Hotel.
Then ventured into Ashburton in the evening no taxis were available the owner very kindly drove us in himself.
We would not hesitate to recommend Lavender House Hotel and look forward to next stay .

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 24 June 2021 via mobile

Very quirky hotel with very good hosts. Was a bit taken aback by all the ornaments and oddities that adorn all the public rooms but having chatted with the hosts they obviously hold meaning and memories.
Couldn’t fault the rooms - very clean and well turned down. Breakfast was excellent - very fresh and locally sourced. Great location - close to many attractions, Dartmoor and the south Devon coast. Would recommend.

Date of stay: May 2021