“A little gem!”

Ranked #40 of 111 Restaurants in Brixham
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Cuisines: British, Soups
Dining options: Breakfast, Takeout
Description: Spacious, friendly, licensed restaurant, featuring a relaxing corner sofa'd area with toys for the kids to keep them occupied while you chat! Serving locally roasted coffee, speciality teas, English breakfasts, a variety of home-cooked daily specials & other main meals & snacks with lots of GLUTEN-FREE options,including the traditional Devonshire cream tea with a choice of locally-made scones, thick clotted cream & home-made Strawberry jam! Outside seating available.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First, visit a cash machine as they don’t take card payments, but it’s worth it!

Very friendly staff, very obliging with food requests, perfectly prepared food, really good coffee. Slight delay to one dish, why? To make sure it was perfect for us, went all out to make the visit a pleasant and enjoyable one, family has already asked to come back and we will be!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Chose this cafe to have a coffee out of the rain. Nice pleasant staff and a nice selection of eats available.

Reviewed February 13, 2018

We spent several hours looking around this lovely Brixham fishing harbour, getting a call from our wives telling us about this restaurant.
A wonderful range of Gluten Free options on the menu, confident staff knowing what is required for those with the Coeliac condition. I had the home made vegetable soup, thick and hot, lovely flavour with a gluten free roll. The G/F lemon drizzle care was to die for washed down with a Cappuccino, well worth a visit very reasonable prices.

sharon f, Owner at The Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Thanks, Tom, I'm really glad you enjoyed your meal, one of the first things a new member of staff is taught is the importance of avoiding cross-contamination especially regarding our GF items. I'm glad you felt safe in our hands!

Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

As title suggests this place is great
I stopped here for breakfast
Food was great staff friendly and prices good
When I’m back in the area in March I will definitely be back for my breakfast before a walk on the breakwater
Keep up the good work

Thank you, Paul!
See you in March...........

Reviewed December 31, 2017

We had a light lunch of their home made soup which was really nice. Best I have had for a long time. The staff were attentive but there were no credit card facilities. Loo upstairs which might not suit all.

I'm glad you enjoyed your soup, Bill, not a lot I can do about the loo, I'm afraid & there are two cash points on the doorstep & the more I can recycle cash (wages, suppliers) the lower my bank charges, which means lower prices for you!